Birthday Gifts ⟪D.M⟫

You woke up with the biggest smile on your face. It was your birthday, and you couldn't wait for the spectacular day ahead. You hurriedly got dressed and made your way to the great hall. On your way, you wore a bright smile and said hello to everyone who passed you.

You walked into the great hall and found your group of friends already sitting down eating breakfast. You sat down in your seat next to Pansy and across from Draco.

"Why are you so happy, Y/n?"  Mattheo asked with a confused look.

"Oh, no reason." You say waiting for them to wish you a happy birthday.

"Well, it's creepy, so you might want to stop before we get to potions," Mattheo tells you with a sour expression.

"Well, I like it. Don't mind him and his bad attitude, cousin." Pansy says with a smile of her own.

Your smile slightly fades, realizing they weren't going to wish you a happy birthday. Maybe they were waiting till later when they gave you your gifts.

You lightly shrug your shoulders and go about eating your breakfast. You could feel Draco's eyes on you the entire time. You look up to find him with a frown. He looked around at the friend group with a disappointed look. He sighed and got up from the table, making you frown. Why was he in a bad mood?

After breakfast, you made your way to potions with your normal small smile on your face. As you walked in, you saw the Gryffindor trio standing by your seat. You walk up to them, and they each greet you with a happy birthday and hugs.

"Thanks, guys." You say with a bright smile.

"We'll give you your gifts at dinner if that's okay," Hermione explained.

"Yeah, that's fine. I'm just glad you remembered." They nodded and went back to their seats. You sat down and waited for Mattheo, Lorenzo, and Pansy as you left before them. Once they entered, they sat down right as Snape walked in and began teaching.

After potions, you had Care of Magical Creatures with Hagrid. It was a class you had without your main group of friends, but Luna Lovegood shared the class with you.

You walked up to his hut and were immediately hugged from behind. You giggle knowing only Luna hugged you like this.

"Happy Birthday, Y/n!" She shouts in her high-pitched voice as she releases you from her hug.

"Thanks, Luna." You say pushing a strand of hair away from her face.

"I hope your day is filled with joy, Y/n. Though I fear the Nargles and Wrackspurts will try to ruin your day."

"Don't worry, Luna. I won't let them faze me today. After all, it's my special day." You say with a bright smile. Luna smiles back at you with a nod. Hagrid emerges out from his hut with a handful of balloons tied together with string.

"Happy Birthday, Y/n Y/l/n. Cause it's yu'r birthday, I have a special treat just fu'r ya." Hagrid says while handing me my balloons.

"I can't wait, Hagrid. Your gifts and surprises are always the best." I tell him with a small giggle and a happy smile.

"OK, class. Today, w're learnin 'bout unicorns. Y/n, since it's yu'r birthday, you get ter' ride one."

Your eyes light up as a beautiful white unicorn walks up to Hagrid. He places his giant hand on the creature's neck and gives it a semi-gentle pat. I slowly make my way over mesmerized by the creature. Its legs reached my stomach, making the creature taller than I was.

"I get to ride it?" I asked while at Hagrid. He nodded with a proud smile. He helped me onto the back of the unicorn before I began to slowly walk around, almost showing me off to everyone. Hagrid was explaining unicorns to the rest of the group, but I was too captivated to hear anything he said.