True Feelings ⟪L.B.⟫ -Part 1-

*You and Lorenzo have been dating for over a year*

You sat at a window in the Hufflepuff common room while watching the snow fall outside. Today, everyone would be leaving to go back home for the winter holidays. You were one of the few Hufflepuffs to stay and only because your parents would be too busy with Ministry concerns to spend the time you wanted together.

You sigh, causing a small cloud to form before disappearing. You hear a knock on the common room door and furrow your brows confused. You made your way over and opened the door to see your boyfriend Lorenzo Berkshire with a bouquet of your favorite flowers.

"Good afternoon, Sunshine." He greeted you with a big smile.

"Hey, Enzo. You on your way to the platform?" You ask grabbing the flowers and smelling the beautiful aroma before placing them in a vase that sat on a table next to the door.

"We don't leave until tomorrow. So, I came to spend the rest of the day with you." He said wrapping his arm around your shoulders. You frown confused at what he said.

"You said we? What do you mean by that Enzo?" You asked as you both walked into the room and sat on the yellow couches.

"Well, I was hoping, since you can't spend the holidays with your family, you would spend it with mine." He said intertwining his fingers with yours.

"I don't want to intrude." You say a little nervous, knowing his parents weren't all that thrilled that he, a Slytherin, was dating you, a Hufflepuff.

"Nonsense Y/n. They already know you're coming. Besides, they were the ones who asked if you would come. They want to get to know you better." Enzo said before kissing the back of your hand. A small smile comes to your lips.

I hope they like me. I really want them to accept me and allow me to continue dating Enzo.

You were lost in your thoughts as Enzo watched you, practically knowing what you were thinking. He smiled and kissed your forehead before speaking.

"I just know they'll love you Y/n. Don't be so nervous and just be the Sunshine in the darkness you always are." Enzo says referring to the relationship between the two of you.

"You're not complete darkness, Enzo. You just don't let your light shine as bright as some." You say laying your head on his shoulder.

"Only around you, does my light shine." He says with a heavy sigh while closing his eyes, relishing in the comfort of you.

You close your eyes and sigh blissfully before humming a random toon. Enzo smiled, knowing you only hummed when you were in complete peace and comfort. He brought you closer to him as he listened to your beautiful creation.

Both of you sat there for hours just bathing in the comfort of each other. You didn't need to talk or even look at each other to know how the other felt. Some would call it a unique or weird relationship but the two of you called it love.

At some point, both of you had fallen asleep. You woke up about four hours later to find Enzo still sleeping. He looked peaceful with his light brown hair and flawless face. His lips were parted allowing soft snores to be heard as his head was against the back of the couch.

You smile and move a strand of hair from his face. Enzo was always a heavy sleeper, and you knew that. These were the moments you loved and kept to yourself. You watched him sleep with a soft smile and love in your eyes.

"I love you, Lorenzo Berkshire." You whisper knowing he couldn't hear you. Even so, your voice caused him to slightly shift and begin to stir awake. He slowly opened his eyes while bringing you closer to him.

"Hey, Sunshine." He said in his raspy voice that always causes butterflies in your stomach and a shiver to run up your spine.

"Hey, sweety." You say in a soft tone. "Did you have a good nap?" You asked still admiring his face.

"It was peaceful. Especially since I got to have you in my arms." He says kissing your forehead. "How did you sleep?"

"Amazing. I was warm and felt safe in your arms like always." You say brushing his hair away from his face.

"Whatever I did to deserve you was a miracle. You're my miracle." He said still sleepy and not entirely awake yet. You giggle and place your head back on his shoulder.

"I'm the lucky one. No one treats me like you do. So I would say even if you call me a miracle, it's only a miracle that I found my other half this soon in life." You say while meaning every word. You don't hear anything, not even breathing which causes you to worry.

You turn and look at Enzo to find him holding back his tears. You smile and rub your thumb against his cheek which causes the tears to roll down his face.

"Y/n, you have no idea how much what you just said means to me. I've only ever thought of you as my other half...my soul mate...and to hear it come from you. Well, that's the best present I could ever wish for."

"Then count it as an early gift from me. Because I want to spend the rest of my time with you."

"As do I, Sunshine." He said bear hugging you. You both chuckle from happiness. He releases you from his embrace as the clock strikes nine o'clock. You both jump up from the couch as you realize how late it's gotten.

"I'll see you tomorrow. We have to be on the train by ten in the morning." Enzo says walking towards the door.

"I'll be ready by eight thirty." You say while wrapping your arms around his torso. He chuckles and hugs you back while kissing the top of your head.

"I just know they'll love everything about you. So don't stress and get a good night's sleep." He says letting you go. You nod with a smile, and he exits the room.

"I hope they do." You whisper dropping your smile. You made your way to your dorm and packed clothes, Enzo's gift, and his parent's gift that you were going to send with Enzo. You got into your bed and slowly drifted off to sleep while dreaming of being accepted by his parents.