3. Face It

。・:*˚:✧。

。・:*˚:✧。

Seungcheol expertly guided the steering wheel with one hand, his gaze focused on the road.

Occasionally, he glanced at the woman seated in the right seat, her expression a mix of fear and vulnerability.

"Are you alright?" he inquired, his brows furrowing.

She met his gaze, a subtle tremor coursing through her body, evident to anyone observing. "Drop me at my friend's house, please. I don't want to come with you," Jisoo almost pleaded.

Seungcheol sighed, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "I'm only taking you to my mansion because my father insisted. Believe me, I'm not happy about it either," he expressed.

"Your mansion?" she furrowed her brows, concern etching her expression.He met her scary gaze.

"Yes, my mansion. I haven't lived with my father for years," he replied, unfazed.

"Why didn't you mention this earlier? Pull over, please. I'll find my way to my friend's place," she exclaimed, frustration lacing her words.

Her fingers worked hastily to unbuckle the seatbelt, a mix of annoyance and determination on her face. Seungcheol shot her a perplexed look, the tension in the car escalating.

His hand swiftly reached out, fingers closing around hers to prevent her from fully unfastening the seatbelt.

Her eyes shifted from his hand on hers to his face. "Cut the drama. Nothing is going to happen between us," Seungcheol retorted, a hint of irritation in his tone as he grew visibly annoyed.

He withdrew his hand, focusing on both her and the road. "If I had any intentions, I could have easily done something with my father in the same house," he stated.

"Who do you think you are?" Jisoo blurted, growing irritated with his demeanor.

He arched an eyebrow at her daring question, scoffing lightly. "Trust me, you wouldn't want to know," he retorted.

"Oh, mystery man," Jisoo exclaimed, her tone laced with mockery. "Spare me with this shit."

He let out a dark chuckle, amused by her change in demeanor. "Just a moment ago, you looked terrified. What's changed now, hmm?" he asked in a soft, almost taunting tone, sending a chill down her spine.

She didn't reply, instead, studying him intently. He exuded a dark aura, an intimidating presence that screamed masculinity.

However, there was an sense of fear, something about him that triggered a warning in her instincts. Something wasn't right, and a silent alarm echoed within her, telling her to be wary.

"You have a keen eye for reading people," he softly laughed, pulling her out of her trance. She averted her gaze to the road ahead, cursing herself under her breath.