16. His Touch Against Her Skin

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Seungcheol lifted his glass, the amber liquid swirling as he took a sip, enveloped by the thumping rhythm of the club's music.

By his side stood his childhood friends, now known as business partners. Yet, above all else, they remained steadfast friends.

He let out a sigh, his thoughts drifting as the group delved into various topics, ranging from upcoming business meetings to the length of a woman's dress in the club.

"Hyung, everything alright?" Seungkwan inquired, noticing Seungcheol's distant demeanor.

"Yeah...Just this whole marriage thing stressing me out," he replied, casually tipping back his glass as he leaned back in his chair.

Seungcheol's eyes were drawn upward to the stage, where a group of women moved with an effortless grace, their bodies adorned in scanty attire that accentuated every curve. 

Bathed in the colorful lights of the club, their movements seemed to mesmerize the entire crowd, drawing every eye to their swaying hips and fluid gestures, as if they were the only presence in the room.

"Come on, man," Joshua urged, lifting his glass. "Loosen up a bit. Why don't you go upstairs, pick one of those dancers, and just relax?" he suggested, gesturing towards the performers with a nod of his head.

"Hyung!" Dino exclaimed, delivering a playful punch to Joshua's arm, eliciting a hiss of pain. "He's about to get married. How can you suggest such a thing?" he continued, a frown covering his face.

"But they're not in love or anything. So what's the harm?" Joshua shrugged, while Seungcheol listened silently, emptying his glass in one swift motion.

"Shut up," Jeonghan interjected sharply, shooting Joshua a disapproving glance before turning to Seungcheol. "Do you even like her?" he asked boldly, catching Seungcheol off guard.

His hand paused mid-motion, the glass hovering just inches from his lips. Now, all eyes were fixed on Seungcheol, a heavy silence hanging in the air as everyone awaited his response. 

"No, I don't," Seungcheol replied calmly, his voice steady despite the intensity of the moment. He maintained his composure, his demeanor unwavering as he held the gaze of each member.

"Do you even want to marry her?" Jeonghan pressed on, his tone insistent, while Seungcheol furrowed his brows, taken aback by the directness of the question.

"Why are you bombarding me with all these questions?" he countered, his voice tinged with frustration as he sought to regain control of the conversation.

"Because I don't understand what you're trying to do," Jeonghan stated firmly, leaning slightly closer to Seungcheol. "I've known you for years. You wouldn't marry her just because your father told you to. And you certainly don't care about her father's properties. So why would you marry her?" he continued, his gaze searching Seungcheol's face for answers, while Seungcheol frowned, a mixture of confusion and contemplation crossing his features.