Chapter Thirty-five

How could this orc ask—or even think—that I liked another man? What kind of silly question was that? I'd always presumed it was clear to Orvar how I felt about him, even though I'd never told him the exact words

How could this orc ask—or even think—that I liked another man? What kind of silly question was that? I'd always presumed it was clear to Orvar how I felt about him, even though I'd never told him the exact words. I risked a lot coming here to see him, so obviously, I liked him! I liked being around him. I liked how he was always so soft with me, or how he always answered my many questions without sighing or rolling his beautiful eyes.

"I like you, Orvar, orc, whose name starts with an 'O', who wears his teeth out, and brings me pancakes that were made by someone else, but it was you who got them for me."

Gods! Being close to him just felt so right. Whenever we were together, here, in this cave of ours, it was as if there was only us and nothing else in the world. It was as if all of my fears and concerns had faded away. Until I was back home... and all worries came back.

So, I decided, here and now, that I would not tell Orvar about the woman's true reason for 'visiting' Beatrice. I'd been thinking about it for days, and I knew that if I told him, he might say that meeting me was too dangerous. I could not risk losing him. I could not miss him.

Not yet.

Orvar growled while his lips sucked at mine. "I like you as well, woman," he said, breath hot against my mouth while his hands kneaded my behind.

Just the look in his eyes made me feel all warm inside. If I could ask for one wish, I'd wish to always be with him and our child, and that nobody cared. That it wouldn't matter if I wanted to spend my life with an orc and our baby.

"You know, I'm really feeling fine..." I said. "So... show me how much."

"How much?"

"Show me how much you like me," I replied, telling myself that I would do the same. I would show him that there was no other man I liked. And no other orc either. " Make me feel," I all but begged. "Just like you did the last time..."

Orvar grabbed my face and held me in his hands as he closed the distance between our lips. We kissed and touched, and melted our bodies together. I could feel him getting hard underneath my weight, the organ between his legs wanting my attention. And I wanted to provide that attention. I'd been hoping for Orvar to touch me ever since we came here, but he hadn't laid a finger on me, except for a little kiss and a caress here and there.

I knew why he hadn't touched me, though. He was worried about me again, just like he'd been at Beatrice's.

He broke the kiss. "I didn't touch you because I didn't want to hurt you," he said as if he just read my mind.

"I know," I replied before I let my tongue slide over the prickling hairs of his beard and planted my lips against the hard bump on his throat, sucking the salty skin, until I felt it bob up and down. "But I want you to."

"Fuck, Gyda," Orvar breathed out loud as one of his hands slid under my dress, finding the place between my legs. His other hand pulled at the string of my dress, opening it up at the front. He took my breasts out, one by one, letting them spill out of my dress before he leaned in. With a whisper into my ear, he said, "I can feel your pussy is weeping for my touch, lusting to be filled with my cock and seed. Isn't she?"