Prologue

Hidden among the mountains of Columbia lives the Madrigal family, who is 50 years ago received a great blessing when Alma Madrigal, the matriarch of the family, had her three children. She and her husband, Pedro, were forced to leave their home.

At that time, many joined them in the hope of finding a new home, but during the journey, Pedro eventually died, and Alma had to care for her babies alone.

Alma: The miracle grew... and our house, our 'Casita', itself, came alive to shelter us.

Casita opens the window as a 'Hello'. Young Alma wave hello back.

Alma: When my children came of age, the miracle blessed each with a magic gift to help us. And when their children came of age...

A 5-year-old girl named Mirabel Madrigal already knew the answer.

Mirabel: They got magic, too!

Alma: (chuckling) That's right! And together, our family's gifts have made our new home a paradise. Tonight, this candle will give you your gift, mi vida. Strengthen our home. Make your family proud. Make my family proud.

They both heard a fireworks, and Casita knows it's time.

Alma: Yes, yes, Casita, we're going!

Mirabel giggles.

Mirabel: What do you think my gift will be?

Alma: You are a wonder, Mirabel Madrigal. Whatever gift awaits will be just as special as you.

As Mirabel stares at her undulating door, full of wonder, she touches a doorknob. It's glittering magic blooms brighter and brighter, but... the door... vanishes. Everybody stares at Mirabel. Including Alma. Mirabel finds out that she didn't receive a gift. Tears stream down in her eyes. She ran off outside, crying.

~~~~~

Mirabel ran deeper into the forest. When she stops here, she bends on knees and crying herself out... The poor little girl is alone and scared. This went on for a while.

Suddenly, as she looked closer to the portal, a 10-year-old boy named Walter Beckett came out from the portal. It closes quickly. Mirabel comes closer to a boy.

 Mirabel comes closer to a boy

Mirabel: Um... Are you okay?

He opened his eyes, looked up, and saw Mirabel face-to-face. An eye contact. Hazel Eyes and Blue Eyes. Walter got up and backed away a little. Looking at a little girl, this pretty made him blush.

Walter: Uh... Y-Yeah. I'm okay.

Mirabel: That's good.

They both sit next to each other. They went silent for a while. Then Mirabel spoke up.

Mirabel: So, um... where did you come from?

Walter looks at Mirabel.

Walter: (stuttering) W-Well, I-I'm from a-an another called California.

Mirabel: Really? From California? That sounds interesting.

Walter: You think so?

Mirabel nodded, and Walter smiled. She notices a missing tooth.

Mirabel: What happened to your tooth?

Walter: Oh, it was wiggly, so I pulled it out by using an apple.

Mirabel: Oh, ouch. Does it hurt?

Walter: Yeah, at first... but now not anymore... So.. um.. by the way, I'm Walter. Walter Beckett.

Mirabel: Walter... That's a nice name. I like it! My name is Mirabel. Mirabel Madrigal. Nice to meet you!

Walter: (blush) Nice to meet you too..

Walter smiles. Even Mirabel. So they both started playing with each other. Like tic-tac-toe, splashing with each other, & making silly jokes. Everything they had was fun... until they sadly both got separated and the wall got shut. They never see each other again.

Years went by...

To be continued...