Chapter 3

Walter stares up at Mirabel. She looks even prettier than when she was a child. Walter and his heart beats really fast. Lance approaches him.

Lance: Man, that house is alive. I- ... Uh.. Walter? Are you okay?

Walter speaks mumble, and Lance didn't understand it.. but he looks up and sees Mirabel talking to her grandma about something "perfect."

Lance: Is that her? That's Mirabel?

Walter: Yup..

Suddenly, they felt a chill. They look other way.

Alma: Pepa, you have a cloud!

Pepa: (overly emotional) I know, Mamá, but now I can't find Antonio! What do you want from me!?

As Pepa literally "storms off," Alma steps away, too. Julieta approach.

Julieta: Excuse me.

She went up to Alma. They all look at Alma and Julieta talking about Mirabel. Alma didn't seem happy at all.

Julieta: Mamá, be nice to Mirabel, okay? You know tonight will be hard for her.

Alma: If the gift doesn't go well this time, tonight will be hard for us all...

Alma walked past them. Julieta sighed as she looked at Lance and Walter.

Julieta:  I am sorry about my mother. She can be... difficult. Anyway, my name is Julieta Madrigal. Welcome to Casita.

Lance: Thank you, Mrs. Madrigal. Names Lance Sterling. An Agent Spy of H.T.U.V. Honor, Trust, Unity, and Valor.

Lance is noticing that Walter is behind him.

Lance: Oh, and this is Walter Beckett.

Julieta: Wait.. Walter?

Walter: Uh.. hi, Mrs. Madrigal. Long time, no see.

Agustín noticed that, too. He comes over.

Agustín: Walter! Good to see you again! How are you?

He pats on Walter's back. Lance looks confused.

Lance: Ahem.. Walter, can I talk to you for a second?

Walter: Sure. Um.. could you excuse us, please?

Julieta and Agustín nodded as Lance drags Walter outside.

Lance: Hey, um.. remember what we're here for? To protect Mirabel from Robo-Hand and Kimura?

Walter nodded.

Lance: You could have told me that Mirabel has 9 families!

Walter: Oh.. uh.. s-sorry. I guess I forgot.

Lance sighs.

Lance: OK. I don't know what Kimura or Robo-Hand up to destroy Colombia.. but we have the families and everyone in that city at all cost. So... we can't tell them about it, do you understand?

Walter: ...yes, I understand.

Lance: Good.

They went back in. They both promised never to tell anyone in order to protect people. Especially Mirabel and her family.

Walter: Anywho.. What's all the decorations?

Julieta: Oh, yes! We are going to celebrate a new gift for Antonio. A magic gift. The problem is.. we can't find him anywhere.

Mirabel: Don't worry, I found him!

They all look up and see Mirabel and Antonio. They go downstairs. Mirabel notices Lance and Walter. He walks up to her. Antonio left to find his mom.

Walter: ...Mirabel? I-It's really you.

Mirabel: ...I'm sorry. Who are you?

Walter: It's me. Walter Beckett.

Mirabel looks closely in Walter's blue eyes. She remembers him.

Mirabel: ...Walter?

Walter nodded. Mirabel smiled and hugged him in tears.

Mirabel: Walter! Your back!

Walter blushes harder and hugs back. Lance looks at Walter and Mirabel. He looks surprised and yet a little mad.

To be continued...