Chapter 1

14 years later...

At Walter's house
In the basement

Walter looks at a photo of him and Mirabel when they are both children. He looks sad. A tall man named Lance Sterling came in and saw that Walter looked downer than usual.

Lance: Uh.. Walter?

Walter didn't notice that Lance came into his house and quickly hid his photo in the drawer. He smiles awkwardly.

Walter: Oh! Lance! Um.. W-What a surprise.

Lance: You okay, man? You look like you're crying and smiling at the same time. Does it...?

Walter: Hurt? Yeah, it does hurt my face. I-I guess I just miss.. my mom and grandma..

Lance knows that's not an answer.

Lance: Hmm.. you kinda sound like there is something you're not telling me.

Walter: What? No, not at all. Really..-

Lance takes Walter's hand and sits down on a couch. He could see that Walter is upset about something or someone important.

Lance: Ay... Be real with me, man. You can tell me anything. I promise I won't tell anyone.

Walter looks at Lance and sighs.

Walter: (sigh) .. OK. ok.. You're right... See this picture?

He shows a photo to Lance. He nodded as a yes.

Walter: ....This is me and.. my childhood. Her name is Mirabel. We've been friends since we were little kids.

Lance stares at Walter with blink expression.

Lance: Okay, not what I was expecting for you to tell me that.. you met a first friend before me?

Walter: Yeah. Anyway, I kinda use the portal to Colombia as a 10-year-old kid. I met Mirabel as a little girl. She's acually... pretty. Honestly, I was too shy to talk to her. She's also kind, smart, and.. determined. I know it sounds cheesy, but... I feel something... in my chest. Feels like a part of me is missing.

Lance looked confused at first but then realized what Walter was talking about.

Lance: Walter... I think I know. You like her.. don't you?

Walter: Wh-Wh-What!? N-No! Wh-What!? I... You... mmpf!

He blushes so hard that he covers his face. Lance chuckles.

Lance: Oh, but you do. It's written all over your face.

Walter looks and feels so embarrassed. Then turned to sad.

Walter: (sigh) ....After that, it didn't last long between me and Mirabel. We got separated, and the walls shut down... I never saw her again. Like I said before, it feels like a part of me is missing and... I miss her. ...and that's the whole story before I met you and saved the world.

Walter looks up at Lance, smiling at him. Suddenly, there's a call from Sterling's wristband. Lance picks it up.

Lance: Hello?

A woman named Marcy Kappel is the one who called him.

Marcy: Sterling, it's Marcy. Listen, I have some bad news. About Katsu Kimura.

Lance: What about him?

Macy took a deep breath and then exhaled.

Marcy: Kimura helps Killian escape from prison!

Lance: WHAT!? Where are they?!

Marcy: Director Jenkins said their headed to Colombia to destroy everything.

Walter gasped. He's scared about what will happen to Mirabel and her family.

Walter: (Whisper) Oh no.. The Madrigal family! Mirabel!

Lance: Alright.. We'll stop them. Sterling out.

Lance hung out the wristband, then looked at Walter, who looked very worried. Lance lays his hand on Walter's shoulder.

Lance: Don't worry, Walter. We'll go there and make sure to keep Mirabel and her family safe

Walter looks up at Lance and knows he can trust him, so he nods in determint. They ran outside, got in Lance's spy car, and drove on the road.

Walter: ...Hang on, Mirabel. I'm coming.

To Be Continued...