Chapter 2

Hours later, after the airport, they got into Lance's car and drove.

Lamce: Find Cocora Valley.

The screen shows a very top hill. There are a lot of villages with so many people. It shows the location of Cocora Valley. It's a little far away, but it's worth it rather than saving Mirabel.

Walter: Let's hope we're not too late.

Meanwhile in Casita...

Mirabel, who is now 15 years old, tries to balance the groceries as the wind picks up. Her aunt, Pepa, is creating a tornado as she nervously paces.

Pepa: My baby's night has to be perfect, and it's not perfect, and people are going to be coming and nothing ready, the whole town will be here

Félix: Pepi, Pepi, Pepita- you're tornadoing the flowers - the flowers!

Then, a 21 year old woman, Isabela, came out.

Isabela: Did someone say "flowers?"

She descends above Mirabel on a flowering and flowers bloom all around her like an angel.

Félix: Our angel, our angel.

Pepa: Thank you.

Isabela: Oh, it's nothing

She lands next to Mirabel but doesn't see as she turns and bumps into her, covering both in flowers. As they walk side-by-side, we can feel their friction. Mirabel tries to get the petals off of her. Isabela makes herself perfect.

Isabela: Uch, a little sisterly advice: if you weren't always trying too hard, you wouldn't be in the way.

Mirabel: Actually, Isa, this is called (Lugging Basket) helping, and I'm not in the way, you ar-- oof--

Mirabel collides with a post, Isabella rolls her eyes.

Moments later in the kitchen...

As Mirabel hefts a TON of supplies onto the kitchen counter, Julieta, Mirabel's mother, notices Mirabel is clearly overcompensating. Concerned, but trying not to show it, Julieta sides over.

Julieta: Whoa. Mi vida, you okay? You don't have to over-do it.

Mirabel: I know, Mamá, I just  want to do my part like the rest of the family.

Mirabel lift a heavy on the counter, the Casita shuffles it away, revealing - Agustín, Mirabel's father, his nose is covered in gross welts that are impossible not to stare at.

Agustín: She's right, amor--

Mirabel: Eee--

Agustín: First gift ceremony since yours, lot of emotions - and I've been there -

Mirabel: (to Julieta) Bee stings.

Julieta: Ay, Agustín.

Julieta sighs and starts working on a cure.

Agustín: --When me and your Tio Félix married into the family - outsiders who had no gift, never ever would, surrounded by the exceptional, it was easy to feel... "un-ceptional"--

Mirabel: -- Okay, Papi --

Agustín: -- I'm just saying I get it --

Julieta jams an Arepa in Agustín's mouth, healing him and shoves him away.

Julieta: (to Agustín) Eat.
(to Mirabel) Mi Amor, if you ever want to talk --

Mirabel: I gotta put out the stuff. The house isn't gonna decorate itself - (off the "offended house.") Sorry, you could. You look great.

The Casita raises its decorations back up. As Mirabel leaves with a bunch of stuff, Julieta looks on.

Julieta: (calling) Corazon, remember you have nothing to prove.

Agustín: (horning in on the advice) Yeah, remember... nothing to prove!

Mirabel put here thumbs up. Agustín gives Julieta a look like, "we nailed it." He sees that Julieta looks concerned and matches her concerned face.

Meanwhile, with Sterling's car...

Finally, they arrived in the village. Walter is shaking.

Lance: You look nervous, man. Are you okay?

Walter: Oh, um.. Yeah. I'm fine.

Lance and Walter walk through the village. Some people were staring at them.. when they walk toward the Casita, Lance and Walter wide-open. Lance closes Walter's mouth, and they knock on the door, and it opened. Walter looks around and sees... Mirabel.

To be continued...