Chapter 4

At night dusk...

As a pigeon, Lance looked around in the sky, but nothing or no one was there, not even Killian or Kimura. He flies down back to Walter, and he turns him back into human.

Walter: No sign of them?

Lance: No sign of them.

Lance and Walter both sighed and sat down. They were both disappointed. Dolores approach.

Dolores: Gentlemen, Abuela says it's time.

They all come in with a bunch of crowds. Everyone, including the family, all went silent as they listened to Alma's speech.

Alma: Fifty years ago, in our darkest moment, this candle blessed us with a miracle... and the greatest honor of our family has been to use our family has been to use our blessings to serve this beloved community. Tonight, we came together once more as another step into the light... to make us proud.

The crowd cheers, and the "curtains" open to reveal Antonio turns to Mirabel, hand outreached, asking for help. Lance and Walter could see that Antonio is nervous. Mirabel steps out and takes his hand. Lance and Walter watch Mirabel in amazment.

Mirabel: Come on. Let's get you to your door.

The family, the town, Lance, and Walter are watching Mirabel join Antonio. Alma looks anxious. But Antonio holds Mirabel's hand tightly. He needs her... and they begin to walk. Walter gazed at her, and Lance could see that, too. Walter encouragedly whispers.

Walter: (whisper) You can do it! I believe in you!

Mirabel smiles at Walter and walks with Antonio, who comes up the stairs and hand apart. Antonio comes closer to a candle Alma's holding.

Alma:Will you use your gift to our miracle? Will you serve this community and strengthen our home?

Antonio nods, and Alma gestures to the door. Will it work? Mirabel sees Antonio worry for just a moment, bit then... as Toucan lands on Antonio's arm and chirps. Like it's saying something to him. Antonio smiles, delighted.

Antonio: Uh-huh, Uh-huh, I understand you.

Off the toucan's squawked response.

Antonio: Of course, they can come!

And then dozens of animals flock to him... and his door forms into an animal menagerie. He can communicate with animals! Abuela Alma is overjoyed and hugely relieved.

Abuela Alma: We have a new gift!

People cheer and fireworks go off and went inside. Antonio's new, magical room opens to reveal... an enormous Choco RainForest. Animals race through the crowd. Three kids from the opening enter.

Little Alejandra: It's bigger on the inside?!

But as the kids gawk, ROOAR! A jaguar races past, and to Antonio's delight, the jaguar scooped him up onto his back and races through the room - every kid's dream come true.

Félix: Wepa Antonio! Vaya, vaya!

As the jaguar picks up speed, it playfully roars at Antonio.

Antonio: You wanna go where?!

The jaguar races up a tree trunk, tossing Antonio in the air.

Antonio: Wooooaaah!

He bounces across hammocks of coatis and skates on the surface of the river, using a snake as a rope, having the time of his life! Everyone watches as this introverted kid hollers with delight!

Antonio: Woooo-hoooo!

The jaguar and Antonio stop near the family. Félix celebrates, and the jaguar leaps over Agustín, nearly knocking him over. As Abuela Alma hurries over to Antonio, proud and relieved, and pulls him in for a hug, her eyes full of pride.

Abuela Alma: I knew you could do it... a gift just as special as you.

Walter looks over to Mirabel, looking heartbroken. Lance sees that, too. She's so alone... and unworthy... watching her family. She feels she is not truly a part of it.

Abuela Alma: We need a picture! Everyone, come, come, cone, come, come! It's a great night, it's a perfect night. Everyone, together:

Family/Everyone: La Familia Madrigal!

Mirabel sho watches in the shadows from the side, trying to keep it together... and failing...

Mirabel starts to sing...

🎵Don't be upset or mad at all🎵

🎵Don't feel regret or sad at all🎵

Hey, I'm still a part of the family after all🎵

🎵And I'm fine, I am totally fine🎵

🎵I will stand on the side as you shine

🎵I'm not fine, I'm not fine🎵

🎵I can't move the mountains🎵

🎵I can't make the flowers bloom🎵

🎵I can't take another night up in my room🎵

🎵Waiting on a miracle🎵

🎵I can't heal what's broken🎵

🎵Can't control the morning rain or a hurricane🎵

🎵Can't keep down the unspoken invisible pain🎵

🎵Always waiting on a miracle, a miracle🎵

🎵Always walking alone🎵

🎵Always wanting for more🎵

🎵Like I'm still at that door longing to shine🎵

🎵Like all of you shine🎵

🎵All I need is a change🎵

🎵All I need is a chance🎵

🎵All I know is I can't stay on the side🎵

🎵Open your eyes, open your eyes, open your eyes🎵

🎵I would move the mountains🎵

🎵Make new trees and flowers grow

🎵Someone, please just let me know where do I go?🎵

🎵I am waiting on a miracle, a miracle🎵

🎵I am ready, come on, I'm ready🎵

🎵I've been patient, steadfast, and steady🎵

🎵Bless me now as you blessed us all those years ago🎵

🎵When you gave us a miracle!🎵

🎵Am I too late for a miracle?🎵

Song end...

Walter feels bad for Mirabel while Lance looks amazed by her singing.

Lance: Wow...

Walter: Oh, Mirabel.... I know how you feel...

Lance looks at Walter and thinks that Mirabel is messing with his emotions.

To be continued...