*CHAPTER ONE*

'We Only See Each Other At Weddings And Funerals.'

✨✨✨☂️✨✨✨

POV:Narrator

~~~

"In other news, eccentric billionaire and adventurer Sir Reginald Hargreeves tragically passed early in the week. he was especially known for founding the Umbrella Academy, a team of teens with superpower abilities. They fought crime and kept safety in our city before they disbanded later on..."

"Dad, "Vanya sighed in disbelief.

<—>

"Vanya!" Allison exclaimed from the stairway as her sister entered from the front door.

"Hey, Allison."

"Hey, sis."

"I didn't think you'd come," Allison said, walking towards her sister, her arms wide open, ready to hug Vanya tightly. Vanya nodded, as she received her sister's warm embrace.

"What is she doing here? She doesn't belong here, not after what she did." their brother, Diego, snickered. Allison and Vanya let go of each other's embrace. Allison rolled her eyes at the comment.

"You seriously wanna do this today," Allison said to her brother who was headed up the staircase."Way to dress for the occasion, by the way!" she added sarcastically."At least I'm wearing black!"Diego coughed back.

"Maybe he's right. Maybe I shouldn't be here. I should go."Vanya responded." No! Don't go, you have every right to be here just as much as we do," Allison said.

"Have you seen Charmaine yet?"Vanya asked immediately, her voice filled with worry."I have ."Allison sighed.

"How is she?" Vanya asked, concerned.

"She's still in the same state we left her in, "Allison told her sister sadness in her voice.

Vanya sighed, feeling helpless.
"I guess I will see you around?" Allison asked, trying to lighten the mood with a smile on her face.

"Sure," Vanya responded, turning around and heading towards the living room.

Before she could leave, Allison stopped her. "Oh, and Vanya...thanks for coming," she said with gratitude in her voice.

Vanya smiled at her sister and walked out of the room, feeling both grateful and sad.

<-->

All the siblings were seated in the living room in utter silence, staring blankly at each other. "Umm..."Luther broke the silence by saying, " I guess we should start this. So I was thinking we hold a memorial service at the courtyard at sundown, you know say a few words? Just at Dad's favourite spot."

"Dad had a favourite spot?"Allison asked, sipping her drink quietly.
"Yeah, you know, under the oak tree. We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?"Luther asked innocently.

"Will there be refreshments?"Klaus asked abruptly, " Tea?Scones?Cucumber sandwiches are always  a winner ."

"What? No. And put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking in here."Luther said.

"Is that my skirt?"Allison asked,completely changing the topic.

"Ah. Yes. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know...but find it breathy on the bits."