*CHAPTER TWO *

POV: Narrator

~~~

The boy slammed a cutting board on the dining table. All Siblings were staring directly at him with confused faces. His siblings were seated directly across the table as he walked towards a shelf, taking a loaf of bread.

"What's the date? The exact date?"The boy asked, walking back to the table.

"The 24th," Vanya answered, as her other siblings simply looked at the boy.

"Of what?" he asked back.

"March."

He paused for a second.
"Good." the boy sighed bluntly.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?"Luther asked.
Five ignored the question as he slammed two slices of bread on the cutting board.

"It's been 17 years!" Luther said as he stood up from his feet, looking right into the boy

The boy scoffed, "It's been a lot longer than that !" he said, as faced Luther.

"I haven't missed that" Luther bluntly remarked as the boy spacial jumped to a shelf, grabbing himself a jar of peanut butter.

"Where'd you go?"Diego asked staring blankly at the floor.

"The future. It's shit by the way," he answered as he jumped back to his sandwich station.

"Called it!"Klaus said immediately after the boy's statement.

"Ah. I should have listened to the old man, you know, jumping through space is the one thing, jumping through time is toss of the dice."The boy sighed as he continued preparing himself a sandwich.

"Nice dress," he added as he gazed back at his siblings specifically, Klaus.

"Oh, well, danke!" Klaus responded to the boy's compliment with a smile printed on his face.

"Wait, how did you get back ?"Vanya asked intriguingly.

" In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time."The boy gave a straightforward response, rubbing in his intelligence.

"That makes no sense." Diego snickered.
" Well, it would, if you were smarter."
The boy answered back with a pinch of sass in his voice.

Diego abruptly stood up, about to head towards the boy, but was stopped by Luther, who held his arms across his chest.

"How long were you there ?"Luther asked with his arm still across his brother's chest.

"Twenty -three years. Give or take."
Luther and Diego sat back down, shocked by what they heard.

"Wait. So you're telling me that you're thirty-six?" Luther asked still shocked by the news.

No, my consciousness is Thirty-six. Apparently, my body is still fifteen."Five said sternly

"Wait, Five, how does that even work?"Vanya asked, pretty confused by the whole situation.