EIGHT

eight's theme - you make loving fun - fleetwood mac

It was weird, having Ollie at Saltburn. He sat in Achilles place at breakfast, lunch and dinner which made Ariadne's heart ache. 

She was sat in the bath, Felix behind her as she combed through her hair, washing away the sweat from the summer heat. Songs blasted through the stereo playing in the other room, the door was ajar. 

Felix drew mindless patterns on the girl's back, humming along to the tune as she turned her back to ask him something. 'Do you ever feel like you are being watched?' 

Felix's face grew perplexed, unsure of what she meant. 'I mean, yeah, I do sometimes but it's probably the maids, looking for something to report back to my mother'. 

Ariadne had an unshakeable feeling in her mind, that it wasn't the maids, that it was something else, something sinister waiting to make itself known. Ariadne shifted in the bath, now under Felix as his hands locked in around her waist to steady her. He leaned down to kiss her, gently and passionately at first, then the kiss became rough and heavy, full of unsaid desire and want for one another. 

As their commingling of bodies continued, Ariadne's head tilted to the side, towards the door facing Oliver's room, one that had been shut when she had drawn the bath, but it now slung slightly ajar, causing shards of sunlight to fall through. A shadow had danced in the light as she snapped her head towards Felix, who captured her lips again in a fury of passion. They carried on, until both of them had met their breaking points and released all the pent up need for attention and want for each other. 

Felix helped her up out of the bath, pulling his bath robe over her sodden body as he revealed to her.

'I moved all of Achilles' things back to his room, Mum had Duncan chuck it all in the attic and it felt wrong, and I had a feeling you got upset when you found nothing, it's all there.' he looked nervous, fearing the suggestion might bring unwanted feelings and heartache for his golden girl. 

Ariadne's face was blank for a few moments. Then she broke out into a radiant smile, one brighter than the sun as she flung her arms around her love. 

'Thank you.' she breathed out, grateful for the kind, thoughtful boy in front of her. His expression matched hers as he lifted her up, spinning her around as she let out a chorus of laughs, they were happy, really happy. 

Ariadne had made her way to the Eastern wing, where Achilles' belonging now presided and she was full of joy to finally have more happy reminders of her beloved brother. 

But when she reached her brother's room, she was in for a shock, Oliver Quick was in the room, snooping through her brother's drawers. She steeled herself, ready for the confrontation. 

Ollie hadn't noticed Ariadne's presence by the door and was shocked when he heard her angelic voice. 

'What are you doing here?' asked the blonde girl, staring daggers as if she could see right down in Ollie's soul. 

Oliver was stuttering trying to come up with an excuse that would land him in her favour. 

'I um... Farleigh said that...' she cut him off. 

'Even Farleigh isn't stupid enough to send people on fools errands to my dead brother's room of all places, so tell me, why the fuck are you in here?' she spat out, words full of venom. 

Oliver, couldn't or wouldn't reply to her, her body shook with fury. Her brother had valued privacy in life and now that was being squandered in his death. Oliver Quick had really pissed the girl off and he didn't want to make an enemy of her.