THIRTEEN

thirteen's theme - how soon is now? - the smiths

It was 12:48 am when Felix Catton took his last breath on this planet. 

This is how it happened. 

12:00am

Felix was excited to see her. Sure he was buzzed, but nothing could expel the love he felt for Ariadne out of his heart, it was permanent and would stay forever. 

He turned the corner, expecting to see the girl perched on the base of the statue, shining like the star she was, but sadly that wasn't the case. 

All that was on the statue's base was a cruel stain of crimson and Felix's stomach dropped. Please, God no. He hoped it was some kind of cruel joke, that Ari was playing on him. 

His gaze moved to the right and a body lay on the ground and he knew he was going to be sick. 

It was her. 

Ariadne. 

And she was dead, the love of his life, her skull smashed in, she was gone. 

Her once golden hair was now matted and stained a coppery shade, her beautiful shining blue eyes that he had once likened to the Aegean, were dull and grey, all signs of life void from the girl. 

He dropped to his knees and crawled to her, cradling her injured head as his tears leaked onto her face. Her body was still warm meaning she had taken her last breaths moments before. 

'Baby, please wake up c'mon' he bargained, 'You're just asleep, not dead, it's time to get up.' he cried, clutching her poor dead body. 

'Please.' It sounded guttural and raw, the beg for clemency to bring the girl back. 

Icarus in this tale had not flown too close to the sun, he had touched the very surface and it had been snatched from him, sending him tumbling in a descent to death. 

He sobbed, wishing that something could reanimate the girl, breathe life back into her. 

He never even got to tell her that he loved her. 

'Ariadne you need to wake up so I can tell you... baby please... I love you and you need to wake up so I can tell you.' His hands shook as he brushed the hair out of her face, she still looked dead. 

Ollie watched on, ready to make his entrance onto the stage for the final act of this tragic performance, he grabbed his final prop, a champagne bottle laced with a potent amount of Farleigh's blow. 

Felix's head snapped back towards the entrance as he watched Oliver make his way over to him, false worry plastered across his face. 

'Oh my god, is she okay?' 

'What the fuck is wrong with you, Oliver? Leave me the fuck alone!' he blew up on the boy in antlers, he wasn't helping at all, Felix wanted time alone with Ariadne before they took her away from him forever, he couldn't even stomach the thought. 

'No, we need to talk.' Oliver stated, casting a glance of indifference to the girl who he had just murdered in cold blood. 

'We can't... We can't, she's dead, are you fucking crazy?' Felix wanted Oliver to fuck off and go find some help for Ariadne, not talk about the current state of their friendship. 

'You can't just throw me away.' Oliver was desperate, trying to capture Felix's attention, he wouldn't lose him over a stupid dead girl. 

'Get the fuck away from me.' Felix shouted as he got up to shove Oliver away from her, he was sick of Ollie and his need for attention from him. 

'Look, I just gave you what you wanted. Like everyone else does! Everyone puts on a show for Felix. She did and she's dead for it.' he pointed down at Ariadne, whose dead gaze unnerved him to the core. 'So I'm sorry if my performance wasn't good enough.'

'I think.. I think you need to see someone. You need help, ok? Seriously.' Felix stated, clearly shaken by Oliver's irate, obsessive behaviour. 

'No. No, I don't. I just need you to understand how much I fucking love you. You're the only friend I've ever had Felix. I mean, doesn't this just prove how much of a good friend I actually am? I killed for you' He glanced towards the poor dead girl. 

'How well I actually know you! I'm still the same person!' He chanted as if he were trying to reassure himself, not Felix. 'Yeah? I'm still the same person!'

Felix staggered back, wanting to get away from Oliver as he advanced towards him, Felix had a million thoughts running through his head, Oliver had murdered Ariadne, the Minotaur had murdered the girl who was supposed to escape the labyrinth. How fucked was that. 

'I don't know what you are. But I do know you make my fucking blood run cold.' he spat at Oliver, wanting to kill him for what he did. 

Oliver placed the champagne bottle on the crimson stain of Ariadne's blood as he went to be sick, purging everything out of his body and then he staggered away into the cover of darkness. 

Felix grabbed the champagne bottle and necked it, finishing the remaining liquid before throwing the bottle across the green in a grief induced fury. 

What sin had he committed to have her so horribly taken from him? 

Some time had passed and he felt woozy, while he cradled her in his arms, Felix wanted to sleep next to her one more time, to try and feel a warmth that now ceased to exist. 

He encapsulated her in the cage of his arms, trying will the warmth back into her body as her blood stained his white vest top. 

Felix fell into a deep sleep, with shallow breathing as his muscles relaxed. Dreaming of her, always dreaming of her. 

His last conscious thought was of Ariadne. He hoped she was at peace. 

Felix Catton never woke up again. 

a/n: rip my pookie bear, i'll miss writing abt you.