TWELVE

twelve's theme - under pressure - queen and david bowie 

It was 11:48 pm when Ariadne Andersen took her last breath on this planet. 

This is how it happened. 

11:30pm 

The girl couldn't wait to see him. To tell him that she loved him as she made her way through the labyrinth. She devised what she could say, would she spit it out quickly or confess it in the way in which Felix could tell that she was full to the brim of love for him. She felt giddy and her stomach fluttered at the mere thought of seeing Felix in the moonlight. 

When she turned the corner, to the centre of the maze, someone was leaning on the statue. 

It was Oliver, who looked scary in the dark with the antlers, almost like a minotaur, stalking the prey that dared enter his labyrinth. 

Ollie was no minotaur, he was a human boy and this wasn't his labyrinth anyway. 

His silence unnerved the girl as she edged her way forward, his eyes staring daggers into hers. 

'Hi Ollie, are you alright?' she asked, the boy was acting strange, he was mute and looked far away, not in the right frame of mind. 

'Ollie' she waved her hand in front of his eyes, trying to gauge a reaction from the boy. 

He snapped from whatever daze he was in when Ariadne took two steps back from him, fear shining in her eyes. 

'Leave Felix.' was all the Quick boy said, expression hardening at the terrified girl. 

'What?' a million thoughts ran through her mind but it came up blank. 

Then it hit her. 

Oliver was the root cause of all the issues this summer, Farleigh's expulsion from the estate, Venetia and Felix's rift, the ransack of Achilles room and the eyes she thought that had been watching her were real and they had been looking right at her all summer long. 

'Oh my fucking god, you are some perverted, twisted little freak aren't you?' she spat out laughing at the mere thought. 

'So obsessed with me and Felix that you watched us have sex, got off with V just because you couldn't have Felix and looked through my dead brother's things.' she exhaled carrying on.

'Don't get me started on fucking Farleigh, you got rid of him so you could carry on without getting caught because we all know that Farleigh would have said something if he found out and you couldn't risk that, could you?' 

Oliver circled the girl like a vulture circling its prey, getting ready to strike as she carried on.

'You watched me sleep, you fucking creep and I bet you and Eliot both got off on your sordid fantasies about me. But you weren't obsessed with me were you? You are obsessed with Felix and you can't handle the fact that he can't fucking stomach you anymore.' 

'God, and I bet Eliot told you all about my brother and how he was fucking crazy he was and that's why he fucking shot himself.' She laughed in disbelief, wondering where this all went wrong. 

'You're in love with Felix aren't you and you can't have him, because he's mine, he'll never be yours, will he?' 

'Shut up.' he finally spoke as he gripped her golden hair and tugged her head back fast. Fear and terror flashed in her eyes as he dragged her towards the statue. 

'SHUT UP' he screamed as he brought her head down to the granite, a sickening thud to the acoustics of the dark night. 

He kept slamming the poor girl's head onto the granite, disregarding her cries for him to stop. 

'Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!' as his actions picked up fervently, making sure she stopped struggling. 

Her body fell as he released her from his iron hold. Her head was covered in blood. The pressure from his motions cracking her skull into fragments. 

Silence. 

She was sprawled out on the grass, the life inside her had been sucked out by Oliver Quick, Saltburn's very own vampire. Somehow she looked more perfect in death, then she did in life. 

He didn't want to hurt her but he had to. He had to keep her quiet, even if that meant from six feet under. 

He fled the scene, waiting in the wings for someone to discover the tragic event that had unfolded here. 

Her candle had been blown out, but the worst thing was she never got to tell Felix Catton that she loved him. 

The stars above glistened with un-shed tears. There was a mother out there somewhere, who did not know she was now childless, a mother with no children. 

Ariadne's glassy, dead eyes stared up, open at the sky. 

Goodbye Ariadne Andersen, we hardly knew you. 

a/n: rip sweet girl

a/n: rip sweet girl. this story was always going to be a tragedy, but we still have a good 4-5 more chapters to go!! buckle up it gets worse from here on out.