SEVENTEEN

seventeen's theme - tragedy - steps 

The circumstance of Ariadne's death didn't sit right with Eliot. 

There was no way she would have been drunk enough to slam her head, multiple times into granite stone unless she had a death wish and the last time he saw the girl, she looked very much in love with Felix Catton. 

Eliot loved the girl, he still did, but understood why she had broke things off with him, he pushed her brother to suicide, goading him to do it. Teasing him about the voices that he said ran rampant in his head. 

Eliot La'Rue was good at detective work, that's why he was studying criminal law, he knew how a murderer's mind worked and Oliver Quick had been so stupid as to discard him as a friend. 

When they were friends, all that Oliver did was ask about Ariadne's and Felix's lives. Their habits, likes and dislikes, all that rubbish and played it off as shit talking. 

But looking back on it all, it made sense. 

Get to know the pair second hand then stage an incident that made you known to them, then you could shape yourself to fit the mould of the inner circle and hope you make the cut. 

That is exactly was Oliver Quick did and it fucking worked. He slithered his way in and out, leaving two, maybe three dead bodies in his wake. 

Eliot had a gut feeling that Oliver Quick had murdered his ex girlfriend and it made him sick to his stomach, he had grown up with her and she had been ripped away by a fraud. 

He would get Oliver Quick convicted for it if it was the last thing he did. 

FEBRUARY 2008

Months had passed and Eliot was building a steady case against Oliver for the murder of Ariadne Andersen. He had spoken to Farleigh, who revealed that Oliver had done a lot of fucked up things that summer, so murder seemed awfully plausible. 

He observed Oliver around campus, watching him go from millions of friends to no friends, no one wanted to be friends with the boy who was best friends with a dead boy. 

Oliver knew Eliot was closing in on him, and he hated it but he had to bide his time, he can't murder 2 people, indirectly 3 and kill someone else in the space of six months. 

He needed to sort Eliot out though, scare him into not saying anything, or the extreme, kill him and make it look like an accident. 

He just didn't know what to do. 

MAY 2008

Eliot was out on the town the night he died. The police said it was a drunken accident, tripping and falling into the river and drowning.

A tragic accident. 

But was it really?

Truth is someone pushed him. 

That someone was Oliver fucking Quick. 

Eliot got too close to finding out the truth of what actually happened to Ariadne Andersen on that fateful summer night so Oliver decided to finally shut Eliot up. 

Files had gone missing from Eliot's computer but no one suspected a thing, after all the man's death had been ruled an accident. 

Oliver had covered his tracks for the final time. 

2022, Saltburn

'I hated him. I hated her, Yeah, I hated them. I hated all of you.

And you made it so easy. Spoiled dogs sleeping belly-up. No natural predators. 

Well... Almost none.'

a/n: just the epilogue to go, we go back to 2010 and it's in farleigh's perspective!!