INTERLUDE

interlude's theme - stay another day - east 17

It would take twelve hours to find Ariadne and Felix. 

Elspeth had found the pair, Felix splayed across the Andersen girl. It looked like they would've been sleeping, passed out from last night, if not for the crusted brown blood that coated Ariadne's sweet, beautiful face. And her poor baby boy, he looked so peaceful in death, it clearly had been kind to him. 

Venetia and Farleigh were next to find them, Farleigh crying out gripping at Venetia's cardigan as silent tears rolled down her face. 

Farleigh would never sit in libraries again with Ariadne, arguing useless points at why some old white guy wrote a poem about a dead duchess, no more pub visits and no more karaoke. 

Felix's angel wings were still attached to his back, creating a tragic tableau. 

Venetia now had something else in common with the dead girl in front of her. She had a dead brother too now. Her older brother, her protector, her stupid, love stricken brother was dead and she didn't even get to say goodbye. He wasn't supposed to die yet, he was supposed to die in his bed, warm and old with Ariadne, warm and old by his side. 

Not like this. 

Sir James had joined the congregation next rushing over to the couple, scolding them for not having their jumpers on. Stating that they needed to get inside and warm, not wanting to accept the fact that they were very much dead and had been for hours. James tried to move Felix, but the settled vomit poured down Felix's chest onto James' shirt and he gave up, placing the boy gently back into his previous position. He shouted commands, urging someone to help him. 

Farleigh suggested that the police should be called and Elspeth agreed instantly, finally Farleigh had said something of use to the situation, the four of them trail out of the labyrinth leaving the couple behind as Elspeth mutters something about notifying Pasiphae of her daughter's death. 

Oliver made his way through the labyrinth, steeling himself to see the discord and chaos that he had sewn. He had to admit, they looked a fuck ton more peaceful in death than life so perhaps he had done them both a favour. At least they went together. 

Two doves flew overhead dancing with each other in the breeze, oblivious to the tragedy beneath them. 

Greece

The phone rang, piercing through the air as Pasiphae awoke. Grumbling to herself, she picked the phone up ready to shout at whoever dared to interrupt her well earned rest. 

It was Elspeth. 

She never called, sure she wrote letters but never called. 

'It's Ariadne, darling I'm so sorry.' Pasiphae's heart began to race in her chest, this felt awfully similar, like when she had found her darling boy dead on the floor. 

'She's dead.' 

A mother's cry sounded out through the morning as church bells rang. 

a/n: song was chosen purely because of eastenders

a/n: song was chosen purely because of eastenders. funeral next.