Prologue

Annabeth Chase dashed out of the doors of the big house. She ran across camp toward the stables to find a certain black pegasus.  

"Blackjack! Where are you?" She called. The mentioned black horse galloped out of one of the stables and huffed. Annabeth Chase ran toward the steed and climbed onto his back. "Let's go, boy, we have to hurry. Percy needs us right now," she told the pegasus. Blackjack neighed and took off the second Annabeth had told him. 

As they both reached their destination, Annabeth hopped down from his back and dashed to the throne room's doors. 

Gods were scattered everywhere, minor or major. The Olympians sat on their own thrones, Zeus on the other hand had his hands on his bolt, pointing it at a certain black haired demigod who knelt at the middle of the throne room. He had imperial gold chains glued on his wrist--had seemed to reddened from such rash movements this young demigod might had done earlier before. 

Thunder rumbled loudly from afar.

"Perseus Jackson! You are hereby brought to Olympus for your trial," Zeus boomed. 

The room's light dimmed and a sudden ray of light pointed at Perseus from the ceiling. Gods around the room stepped back a few steps away and hid among the shadows, though their eyes had glowed from the excitement and curiosity on how the trial of Perseus will go. 

"Perseus Jackson, bastard son of Poseidon. We had heard from rumors that you have been aiding foes of Olympus ever since your quest of the great seven. Thoughts have been revealed that you would prefer Olympus destroyed and the Olympians vanquished along together with the rest of the major and minor gods and goddesses," Zeus had said. Gasps echoed through the chamber, whispers erupting, and words were thrown.

"Are you mad?! You think that you, a single demigod, would raze us all? Hilarious!"

"This demigod has monster dung for brain, are you sure this is the one who saved us?"

"That can't be possible for him. Poor mortal, glory got into his head."

More and more words erupted around the chamber and now which resulted with the chamber being filled with noise. Zeus got irritated and sent a bolt toward the ground, "silence!"  He exclaimed.

The room became quiet.

 "Now, may we continue? Very well then, let us," Zeus said.

In a raspy voice, "those rumors you have heard Zeus, those were false. I never claimed or agreed to want Olympus destroyed. As a matter of fact, who even spread that rumor? Haven't all those quests I did to save  the world not enough for? In truth to know I do not feel agreeing with Olympus being razed?" The hero said.

"We may never know, Perseus," Zeus said darkly. "We had not enough evidence of you going to betray us--yet. But for precautions and for the safety of godkind, we will vote!" He continued.

Perseus scowled at the King of the Gods. "A vote? Are you kidding me? You seriously still don't trust me even after the titan war and the giant war?" Perseus yelled. He turned towards his father and said, "And you, you're supposed to be my father! Why are you just looking at me like that?" 

Poseidon's eyes saddened before he forced to hide the emotions and looked away. Perseus scoffed as he watched his father's ridiculous actions. He turned towards the king of the gods and he growled, "fine. Let them vote and we will see."

A young Perseus sat in his bed. He heard yelling outside his bedroom door. He still doesn't understand why his mother still haven't divorced that sorry excuse of a man.

"---FINE!" His mother yelled. She slammed the door shut; she took a deep breath in before she exhaled and turned towards her little son. 

"Oh Percy. I'm sorry that you have to hear that." His mother sobbed. 

Percy looked at his mother with a sad expression, "why don't you leave him mom?" He asked.

The mother looked at her child, with tears slowly forming in her eyes. She wiped her eyes before a tear could even fall. She didn't want her own son to see her like this. 

"Well, honey--for now, he's the only one we've got." She replied.

"But there are many men out there mom! Why chose him?" He said.

"I did this for you my sweet." She responded. His mother blew him a kiss on the forehead, "Now why don't you go to sleep." 

"Not unless you tell me a story first!" Huffed the child. His mother laugh.

"I can't do stories for tonight sweetie. Mom's tired, you know I'll have to sleep early today. I have an extended shift tomorrow," she said sadly.

"Well...then." Percy paused, "mom, how does a man become a monster?" He asked.

His mother thought for a moment before she responded, "when someone's had done something wrong."

"Well, is Gabe a monster too then?" He said.

"What makes you think of that?" She asked.

"Well, he does very bad things...to you," he said. "Mom I'm scared."

His mother's eyes softened. She hugged her child before he tucked him to bed for the night. She patted his head and whispered into his ear, "don't fear the monster Perseus. You don't have to fear them. Monsters can be bad, but you never knew how they did become a monster. To every monsters you may come across soon, don't judge them too quickly; learn their story first before you do judge and jury."

The mother sat back up and looked at her son, fast asleep. She stood and went for the door, for a moment she thinks, 'does he know what I mean?' She asks herself. With a sigh, she opened the door and said good night to her young boy. 

"PERCY, NO!" The voice of Annabeth Chase yelled. 

Crack, boom! 

It was too late. Where Percy was pushed was all smoked and blackened. Not a single trace of the demigoddess was left. 

Tears formed in Percy's eyes. His vision blurred as the tears gathered in his water line. His eyes darted to Zeus', he looked deep into the huge god's eyes. The raging green eyes challenging the ever powerful electric blue.

"What...have you done?" Perseus said in a whisper. 

"My daughter! NO!" The wise Athena screeched. A few female goddesses ran to her aid as she fell off her throne in agony, her eyes crying in golden ichor. 

"Zeus," Perseus paused. "What. Have. You. Done..?" He asked darkly. 

The wind around them started to quicken and the air smelt of the ocean. Perseus' eyes were widened from the shock. His hair a mess, tears falling down like a waterfall. He chains clinked together as he forced himself to move forward, trying to get near to the King of The Gods. 

For the first time, Zeus felt fear. As the demigod's eyes were locked in to his. His body shook at the slightest. He gritted his teeth before he opened and said, "stay back you traitor! That spawn never had any value to us anyway. I do not care if she was my daughter's."

He gripped his master bolt and commanded the throne room to open a hole that falls into the city of New York. 

Perseus stopped his force. He looked at the Master Bolt that Zeus was gripped and was about to shoot. 

In his face, his grin formed slowly. He silently laughed to himself. "You know what? Go on." He said. "Go on. Shoot me. Hit me.'

Gritting his teeth. Without hesitation, Zeus threw his master bolt at the demigod's feet making the demigod step back and fell off the hole.

At the same time, Perseus could not handle his amusement and laughed. Laughed as he fell through the hole and now was falling toward the earth of New York City. 

"Zeus. You sweet fuxker."