Silence

Book I

'But when, does a comet become a meteor?

When does a candle become a blaze?

When does a man  become a monster?'

- EPIC: Troy Saga

***

Among the trees of Long Island, there lay a camp haven for demigods called Camp Half-blood. This camp had been here ever since the gods have entered America. This place used to be loud, joyous (no matter the everyday reminder that you'll die any time), and full of jokes and smiles. But everything changed when a daughter of Athena gave her life for their savior.

A statue of Annabeth Chase stood at the center of the cabins. It was a memorial for her, a remembrance that this lady had done something that deserved her to have a statue. When its blueprints were shown, none dared to go against the idea for everyone knew she did not deserve Zeus' wrath. 

Everyone in this camp knew the story behind her passing. Gossip spreads fast as Hermes running his work. They know that their savior and the daughter of Athena did not deserve what happened to them. They deserve remembrance as well! But why was their savior's statue not built as well? 

"Nico... You have to stop sulking," A boy said. He sat at the edge of the bed, he rubbed his eyes from the tiredness he's feeling. 

"But Will... We have to find him. I know he's not dead Will. Despite that it was Dad who announced it, I know deeply--he is alive. Hiding somewhere," said Nico.

"I know Nico. I know. But please, if you go for another round of shadow traveling, you're gonna succumb into the shadows. I don't want that to happen. I know you don't want another of your love ones dead Nico. But please, rest; you can go for another search tomorrow." Will responded.

"Well if you know then, then you'd be helping me by now in finding him." Nico retorted. He didn't have enough energy to be angry at Will and it felt like Will had a point. 

"I am helping Nico. We've already set the non year-arounds the word. If we get one then that's when we'll move. For now, rest," Will told the son of Hades. 

Nico's eyes started to get droopy. He glanced at Will before he threw himself into the bed and blacked out. 

Somewhere in New York. A young man stood on top of a building's roof; looked at the tip of the Empire State Building. 

He glared at the sky before he turned around and left the roof top. 

He walked through the roads of New York. Heading to a certain destination, he took a few lefts and two rights before he halted in front of an almost broken down building. He stepped into its solid foot steps and stepped inside. Despite the rundown looks outside, inside it was filled with dirty white lights. There were a few doors on the ground floor, but this young man didn't stop at one of these doors, instead he took the stairs and went to the next floor. 

He stood in front of a door. He took a deep breath before he knocked three times. The door was opened and a woman greeted him at front. 

"Percy! Son, you're back! How was school?" The woman asked.

"Hi mom," Percy greeted. His natural lop-sided grin greeting her. The boy dashed and gave his mother a hug. 

"Woah, dear. Did something happen?" His mom asked. 

"No ma, it's just I missed you." He replied.

"Perseus, it's been only eight hours after school, it's not that long." His mother chuckled.

"But it is for me," he whined.

"Oh Percy," his mom, Sally, gave him a smile. "Now come in. I've made your favorite snack. Estelle just woke up and Paul won't be back until seven in the evening. He called and said they had a meeting." Sally explained.

"Ok mom. You're the best."

"I know, you've already told me too many times. "

Percy chuckled and stepped inside the apartment. 

Rachel Elizabeth Dare walked through the hallways of her new school. Students kept eyeing her weirdly and all she could do was to roll her eyes. This wasn't new before. 

Before she came into this school, she made a bargain with her dad that she'll do better just so she could leave that damned dorm school. And guess what happened..

Her dad believed her lie. 

Until now, she still could not stop laughing as the scene replayed inside her head. 

As she continued to walk through the halls, she stopped by the registrar to ask some questions. She came to find the office and stopped and waited for a moment before she was told that someone would be touring her around the school. 

She waited for a moment until a tall male stopped a few feet from her to gasp some air. 

After the awkward moment, the male stood straight. Rachel had the time to observe who this new person was. He had black hair, green eyes (that seriously reminded her of someone), a swimmer's build, and he was tall. He wore an over-sized blue plane t-shirt, loosed jeans and those sky-blue jordans.

On his back, he had a backpack that seemed to look empty and sticking out of the bag was a black skate board. 

The boy stretched out his hand and introduced himself, "You must be Dare. I'm Blofis; Perseus J. Blofis. Nice to meet you." 

Rachel's eyes widened. 

In response, Rachel also shakingly held out her hand, " yes, I am Rachel Dare. Nice to meet you Perseus."

Perseus gave her a grin. "Follow me, let me tour you around," he said. 

Rachel couldn't stop shaking, so when she nodded her head hesitated. 

Perseus stepped forward and so the two went off to tour the school.

Back in Camp Half-blood, Will sat on his desk, he held his pen and was writing down on some paper. Well, that was before he jumped out of his seat and got interrupted. 

"What the.." The son of Apollo muttered as he rubbed the back of his head. In front of him, an IM-ed Rachel Dare looked at him. This was awkward.

"Um, hello Rachel," Will greeted.

Before Will could even stand up, Rachel directly told him about her discovery. 

"Solace," she paused. "I've found him."

Will's head snapped toward the IM. "You mean..."

"Will, he's here. With me. And he looks so normal."

A/N

Hello, so I've made this chapter a few hours after I made the first and guess what motivated me to do it. It was the playlist from The Epic Saga.