Being Followed

Nico grabbed Will's and Rachel's arms and dragged them to a corner.

"Explain, Rachel," the son of Hades glared at the oracle. Rachel sighed and started to explain from the very beginning from the registrar's office to the hallway.

"So, what Will told me was true." Nico thought out loud.

"I was so confused. Like, if Percy was alive all along, why didn't he contact us first?" Rachel questioned.

"Rachel, the word about Annabeth's death must have impacted on him. Of course he would cut off ties for a moment," said Will. "But we didn't think he would actually do it forever. We've asked nature spirits everywhere with Grover's help. And even with Grover having an empathy link with Percy, he said it felt like it was -- shutdown."

After hearing Will's explanation, he knew he couldn't risk of just letting the son of Poseidon leave. He needed a plan.

"Let's follow him." Nico blurted out suddenly.

The two demigods gave him a stare and confused looks.

The son of Hades looked at the two and raised an eyebrow. "What's with the face?"

"Nico, what do you mean we should 'follow him'." demanded Will.

"Look, ever since we've been finding Percy, we didn't even get a single trace except this. This is our only chance to get some answers to why Percy hasn't contacted us for like, a long time, and we need to know where he is residing right now," said Nico. "Last time we tried to find Percy, we went to Sally's place and surprise. When the door opened, it wasn't Sally nor Paul."

Will sighed and Rachel grunted in agreement.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's follow our demigod."

From afar, thunder rumbled and now started a downpour. The citizens of New York ran for shelter while others took out there umbrella. The lights of vehicles shines through the droplets and the pavements started to reflect.

The young man Perseus walks through the path, the water didn't seem to brother him. Around him most people seemed to glue their eyes at him, perhaps wondering how he is dry.

Perseus continued to walk. He didn't dare to look back. He knew he was being followed by those two curious demigods and oracle. He had to keep moving and at least try to loose their tracks. He needs to plan.

Perseus took a few rights and a left. He stopped by as he saw McDonald's. He entered their premises and went in line. Outside still continued to pour. This was because of his emotions. After the fall, his powers gave themselves a boost up to their prime. Sometimes, Perseus himself gets confused with this phenomenon. It's as if his powers has a mind of its own, it was impossible controlling them. Or possibly it was because of coping mechanism? Self mechanism?

He was taken out of his thoughts once he felt the presence of the three beings that were following him. 'Dam. I wanted to buy a Mac,' he thought.

Perseus left the line, and instead, he goes to the back and went inside the male restroom. The door behind him was closed, but he knew in any moment, the people following him were going to gang up on him. So, with no other choice, he let his powers out a bit to chill and relax.

Under his command, bit by bit, the molecules around Perseus changed. Within the blink of an eye, he was suddenly outside his apartment.

A sigh left through Perseus. He knocked on the door three times like before. The door opens and a suddenly impact hits Perseus.

"Percy! You're home!" A voice of a little girl called him.

"Estelle! What a surprise! Where's mom?" Perseus drops down to his knees and ruffles the little girl's head.