The tides of war

In all my years of living, 

It isn't very often that I get pissed off.

I try to chill with the waves,

But damn, you crossed the line.

- Epic Saga

"He was patient!" Screamed the son of Hades. "He was patient to all of you. To all of us, and yet you decided to dump him?" 

The entirety of the Greek camp gathered inside the throne room. Gods and goddesses scattered all around the sides within the shadows and the Olympians sitting at their thrones with all their stupid glory. 

"Don't test my anger, son of Hades. I've been so gracious; that scum is lucky to be alive," growled Zeus.

"Gracious my ass! You decreed that every demigod, monster, or beings that could come across him should have his head brought to you!" Scoffed Nico. 

"Nico..." Will warned.

It was the winter solstice. Five months have passed since they last saw the former son of Poseidon who went underground. A week after his disappearance, the word of Zeus' decree had spread. This caused an uproar within the Greek camp; they couldn't believe that the king of the Gods decided that they should have their savior killed.  

Nico scowled at the king of the gods before he stepped back into the gathered demigods. 

Zeus glared in return. 

"With the new decree, I expect any news from that scum shall be reported to me," he boomed. "And any traitors who goes against my word shall face the consequences.

The room shifted. The glowing eyes of gods shifted across the room, some filled with mirth and some filled with revenge. 

Zeus continued, "since today is the winter solstice meeting. My daughter, Artemis, will report what she has discovered."

The said goddess nods in thanks to her father and stood from her throne. She wasn't in her twelve-years old form. She was tall, a young woman looking at somewhere in her early twenties. She has her hair in a twin faux braid, over it she wore a beautiful bright silver tiara that graced her head. 

"Zeus," she said in a velvety voice. "It seems that we are on the shores of war."

Hushed voices and whispers echo the room. It silences as she continues to speak. 

"My hunters and I went on a hunting expedition somewhere in the north near the land beyond. We felt a strange power surge through its woods. The hunt found clues, camps; but all the tents were empty. The hearth was still burning bright when we arrived, we deduced that they left once they felt us. Though they did not leave anything behind. So far, the tents were the only clues. " Artemis said.

"But how could this correlate to your assumptions of war brewing upon us?" Asks Zeus. 

"Well, father. A week before, the hunt has stumbled upon a parade of monsters. They held weapons and most were geared up for battle. While parading, most of the monsters speak of someone who will lead them to Olympus. Saying at any time they will infiltrate the grounds. That is when moments later, we decided to massacre them and keep the information until tonight," explained Artemis.

"A war suddenly brewing," wondered Athena.

Artemis sat back on her throne. 

"This is what happens when you throw away your toy," drawled a god.