8

Humans, in their nature tend to escape any kind of undesired emotion.
Whether they want to or not, that's their destiny.

Sara: Jane, don't you feel like something's a bit off?

Jane: Off? What do you mean?

Chloe: The excessive attention you're getting from someone, maybe?

Jane: Are you talking about Matheo?

Sara: Yes! He's been spending so much time with you for the past three weeks! Remember, he's known to be a player, right?

Jane: Don't be so dramatic! I'm sorry if I haven't been spending as much time with you lately, but that doesn't automatically mean Matheo is playing around.

Chloe: Forget about it, do whatever you want.

Sara: we warned you.

~

J

ane eagerly awaited Matheo's return, as they had an important project to work on together. Unable to contain her excitement, she decided to take a leisurely stroll around the school while she waited.

As Jane approached a towering wall, she couldn't help but overhear familiar voices coming from behind it. Her heart raced as she recognized the voice immediately. Intrigued and unable to resist, she discreetly pressed her ear against the wall, captivated by the conversation unfolding on the other side.

"Can we please just stop this dare?" a voice pleaded, filled with frustration.

"..."

"She will soon realize the difference in the attention, she's not as dumb as you think trust me."

Jane's eyes widened as she realized they were talking about her. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. The words struck a chord deep within her, and she felt a mix of hurt, confusion, and determination.

"..."

"I want to prove myself, but not at the expense of hurting her."

Jane's heart sank as she realized the truth behind their words. They were caught up in a dare, a plan that somehow involved her. She felt a surge of emotions—betrayal, disappointment, and a deep longing to understand why.

"We'll talk about this later,"  he said, their tone filled with urgency. "I need to go. She's waiting for me."

Overwhelmed by what she had heard, Jane's mind raced with questions. Without thinking, she hurriedly left the scene, her feet carrying her home as she tried to process the whirlwind of emotions inside her.

Arriving at her doorstep, Jane collapsed onto her bed, feeling a mix of sadness and anger. She couldn't shake off the hurtful words that had pierced her heart. She wondered if she ever truly knew the person she thought she could trust.

In that moment, Jane made a decision. She would take control of her own happiness and not let anyone play with her feelings. She deserved honesty, respect, and genuine connections.

With a determined expression, she wiped away her tears, ready to face the challenges that lay ahead. This unexpected encounter had opened her eyes to the importance of valuing herself and surrounding herself with people who truly cared.

Sometimes, life presents us with unexpected twists and turns that test our resilience. It's during these moments that we discover our own strength and learn valuable lessons about trust and self-worth. Let's support Jane as she navigates through this challenging situation and emerges even stronger on the other side.

Only God, her and him know how many times he called her that night. But she never answered...