Short Lived

"Cady, you may stay with Ms. Davis on the condition that proof of revenue for Gessole be submitted to the court within a month's time." The judge says. I watch as my grandparents and their lawyer leave without saying a word. I excitedly run to Aunt Gemma and we share a big hug.

"I knew you could do it. But don't forget it's not official yet. You've got to get your company up running and fast." Cassie says.

"Thanks to you." Aunt Gemma says.

"I think we should all thank each other. I need to head back to the office, but you two go celebrate. When you have your statement showing your revenue, send it to me and I'll submit it to the court." Cassie says.

"Great, thank you." Aunt Gemma says before she leaves. Tess and Sheva then join us. Sheva and Aunt Gemma embrace in a long affectionate hug. I look over to see Tess grinning like a little child, confusing me. They eventually separate and Aunt Gemma takes us home for lunch.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Can we have spaghetti?" I ask.

"Sure thing." She says and gets to work making the food. A short while later, we sit down at the table with two plates of spaghetti in front of us.

"So Cady, the school year is starting in about a month from now. I know the last time we tried this it didn't go so well, but you have to go to school and get your education. I'm thinking of enrolling you in another alternative school. What do you think?" She says, catching me by surprise.

"I guess that's okay."

"Good. Don't be afraid. I was the same way you know. When I was younger, I never liked school. I was always alone and hated being in big groups. But now that I'm older, I see the value in having friendships. The best example I can give you is Tess. Look at how much she's done for us."
Aunt Gemma says.

"I've tried making friends at my old school, but it never worked out. Everyone just kept making fun of me, like Brandon." I say.

"You'll find someone. Don't give up. And if you're ever feeling down or need help, I'm only one call away." Aunt Gemma says, handing me a phone.

"Thank you Aunt Gemma." I say, not believing what she was giving me.

"You're welcome Cady. I've put my number and Tess' number on it." I accept the gift and give her another hug. After lunch, Sheva came over again and I watched on as she and Aunt Gemma worked closely all afternoon together. At one point Sheva even rested her head on Aunt Gemma's shoulder.

"Cady? Could you come here for a second?" Aunt Gemma calls.

"Okay." I say and walk over. She spins her computer around to show me several designs for what appeared to be a new toy.

"This is my new design for an updated line of PurrPetual Petz called Companion Creatures

"This is my new design for an updated line of PurrPetual Petz called Companion Creatures. Which one do you like the best?"

"I like all of them." I say.