Finally Getting Away

I slowly opened my eyes and sat in the dark for a moment. Once I looked out of the window and saw it was getting dark, I shot up to look at the time. ‘7:50.’ I sighed in relief seeing I didn’t miss 8. I grabbed the suitcase from under my bed and sat it next to my backpack full of food. I looked at the bags and suddenly got nervous. This is real, I am going to finally get away.

I sat and waited for the 10 minutes to pass silently. Once it hit 8, I slowly stood up and grabbed my bags, my eyes filled with tears whilst doing so. I hated to leave my mom, but I knew me leaving would allow me to chase my dreams. I wiped my eyes and put my shoes on before slowly creeping down the stairs once again. I didn’t see mom downstairs, so I assumed she was in the garage. I open the door to the garage and silently shut it behind me. My mom looked over at me and gave me a soft smile and another big hug. She took off a beautiful silver necklace from around her neck and put it around mine. “Take good care of it for me… goodbye Taylor, I love you.” She said with a sad smile. “It’s never goodbye mom, it’s always I’ll see you later. I’ll come back when I’m ready.” I told her. She nodded and helped me put my bags in the car. “I’ll see you later mom.” I told her after I got in my car and rolled my window down. “I’ll see you later Tay.” She said waving goodbye. I waved as well before pulling out of the driveway.

I had no idea where to go. I have always wanted to go to Dallas, and it was only a 3-hour drive from where I lived anyways. I drove to the park and pulled into a parking space in the back area where no one was, to set up my GPS. I took out my phone and set it up to get to Dallas. I was going off a whim here in hopes someone would spot me out there. I always wanted to go to Dallas, so I really hoped this would work out for me. I sighed and pulled back onto the road getting ready for the three-hour drive.

*Time Skip*
I finally made it to Dallas and got excited seeing the large sign welcoming me. I looked at the time…11PM. I sighed; I didn’t really want to waste money on a hotel, so I decided to just spend the night in my car. I found a small park nearby and figured it was good enough to sleep in. I leaned my chair back, and soon enough I finally drifted off to sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you enjoyed ❤ thanks for reading!