The Big Question!

Once we got home, I put all my clothes and accessories in the closet along with a few extra things that I really wanted in the mall. I smiled loving how full my closet looked. I’m so grateful for Mark and Glenn. Without them I have no clue what I’d be doing right now.

“Hey, come downstairs, I have someone I want you to meet.” Mark said. I nodded and quickly followed him down the stairs. “This is a buddy of mine, his name is Silas. He’s the Scouter for the Dallas Wings, words out they need a new shooting guard. You want to show him what you’ve got?” Mark stated. My mouth dropped in shock at the statement.

“I would love too!” I said excitedly. Mark smiled widely and we headed out to the basketball court. I did all my best moves on Mark, even using everything he had taught me. Even Mark seemed impressed at my flow in movement.

“You’ve got the spot kid. You’re a beast of an athlete you know that? You’re tall but move quickly that’s exactly what we need.” Silas says sticking his hand out for me to shake. I shook it immediately thanking him profusely. This is my shot; I can’t mess this up now.

*3 Years Later*
I became a star player for women’s basketball. After I joined the Dallas wings views skyrocketed and tickets were always sold out. I continued to live with Mark and Glenn, and I still helped them grade papers well after they said all was forgiven. In fact, I’m in the middle of a game now.

“Sink it Taylor!” The crowd chants. With 5 seconds left on the clock I sink the ball nothing but net. “Let’s go!” I yelled hugging my teammates as we held up the trophy. We finished up taking pictures and I headed to Mark and Glenn who stood smiling in the stans. I knew they were my biggest fans out of everyone there, without them having to say a word. They told me how proud they were of me all the time.
“Nice Job out there little Sailor.” Both men said hugging me tightly. I beamed saying a thank you in response.

“Great Job Taylor!” Rachel said excitedly as she hugged me. Me and Rachel had put aside our differences and decided to be cordial with one another. Soon after, we became the best of friends.

“Taylor!” I heard a familiar deep voice say. I turned around to come face to face with none other than my mom and dad. I completely ignored my dad and ran straight to my mom who hugged me while jumping up and down excitedly with a smile.

“You made it Taylor!” My mom said with a huge smile. I nodded, hugging her as tears threatened to fall. I missed her warm embrace and kisses.

“Father.” I greeted him nonchalantly.
“Taylor about all those years ago… You forgive me, right? I just wanted to set you up for success, that’s all love.” My father said.

“Oh I forgave you a looooong time ago. I forgave you because I have two men who supported me when I had nothing. However, just because I forgive you, it doesn’t mean I have to let you back in my life again.” I told him. “Anyways, let’s have some dinner, I’m starving.” I said, grabbing my mom’s hand as we left the stadium.
Soon enough we arrived at a fancy little restaurant to have dinner. I was dressed in a cute skirt with suspenders.       

Although acting like I was rich was for show 3 years ago

Although acting like I was rich was for show 3 years ago. I ended up keeping the style because Mark and Glann kept buying me outfits. But also, because they said it looks nice on me. We sat down at the table and started laughing and talking. After about 10 minutes passed Marks voice cut through the conversation.

“Taylor… Glenn and I have a very important question to ask you.” Mark said. I nodded urging him to go on. Glenn decided to speak up since Mark had frozen up a bit. This intrigued me more as to what the question was.

“We’ve known you for 3 years now. Today is the anniversary of the day you, Mark, and I all met. I think we can all agree it’s been the best 3 years of our lives. However, you started calling both of us dad just a couple of days after we met. For forced reasons of course, but… It would mean the world to Mark and I if we could make it official.” Glenn said pulling out some papers. My hand covered my mouth and tears filled my eyes as I look at the words “Certificate of Adoption.” On top of the paper in big black letters. I nodded, signing them immediately, excitement and joy filled inside me. Mark, Glenn, and my mom signed as well.

“Wait a minute Taylor, you can’t do that I’m your father.” My dad argued.
“Not anymore. Maybe by blood but never by relationship.” I said.

We laughed and talked for a little while until we all finished our dinner. We decided to go to the beach and walk in the sand before dark. We all sat in the sand and watched the sun go down.

“I’m glad we met you little Sailor. It’s hard to believe I’m your dad now.” Mark said smiling at me.

“It is odd. We’re so proud of you Princess.” Glenn said in agreement. My mom squeezed my hand in agreement as well and smiled. 

“Thanks dads. I’m super happy I met you guys too. Who knew that I’d get everything I ever wished for, and it was all thanks to a couple of strangers.” I said chuckling. Everyone else laughed along as well making me smile.

The End
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading 💙 I hope you enjoyed.