Private School

I sat up quickly when I heard a loud bang from somewhere. My eyes soon meet a pair of green ones looking directly at me. He somehow managed to open my car door without me noticing. I kicked him in the stomach, but he only stood there staring at me. I took a moment to survey the man who managed to open my door.

He had shoulder length brown hair and wore a red and black mask on his face. A black buttoned T-shirt and khakis hung from his figure along with a pair of large black dress shoes that were on his feet.  

“Who are you?” I asked him confused. 

“I think I should be asking you that question. You’re in my parking spot, and I’m already late, so if you could move and do it now. I’d really appreciate that.” he demanded annoyed, pointing at something. I realized it said reserved parking for a “Glenn Jacobs”. 

“Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t know. I didn’t see the sign, I fell asleep.” I said, twisting my keys to start up my car. 

“You don’t see a sign that’s in front of your face in broad daylight?” He stated in annoyance. 

“Please sir, I’ve had a rough night, I’ll move from your spot, you can have it.” I said, closing the car door. It was then that I realized what I thought was a park last night was actually a college. How I’d mistaken the two I had no Idea. I guess I was just looking for a big empty parking lot. I sighed; I need to learn to survey my surroundings better. 

I pulled out of his parking spot and into an empty one that wasn’t reserved. Of course, the man walked back over to me after he parked. I attempted to ignore him, but he knocked on my window. I slowly looked up annoyed at the 7-foot man. I let the window down and stared up at him with the kindest smile I could fake. 

“What are you doing here anyway? Are you a student?” he asked, going on with his 20 questions.  

“Yes, I’ve been studying all night in my car, I moved to get better lighting to read.” I lied knowing it would be better than telling the truth to some stranger. For someone who’s late he doesn’t seem all that concerned.

“Well, it’s 9AM shouldn’t you be in class?” He asked. 

“I don’t have any today.” I said quickly. 

“You realize this is a private school, right? Students always have at least 3 classes per day. We’re the smartest college in the city and we rank far above any other college. We are number 6 in the state, and I assure you it is not by letting our students have a full day without classes. You’re either lying about going here or you’re skipping class. Sooo What are you doing here?” He stated arrogantly. 

“Nothing I’ll leave- “I started, trying to hide my panic.

“How do I know you won’t be back?” he asked, interrupting me. 

“I won’t come back, okay? I’ll leave and go somewhere else.” I said putting my car in drive. 

“Is everything alright over here Mr. Jacobs? I noticed you’re not in your classroom.” I heard a voice say. 

“Everything’s fine, just talking to a student about homework. It was urgent, but I’m heading to my class now, thank you David.” He said before waving goodbye to a man in a security truck.

“You realize there’s a penalty for being on a private school campus and not being a student here? I could call the police on you for trespassing.” He once again turned to me and spoke.

“Please sir I’m leaving, I didn’t know that this was a college. The parking lot is huge, I thought it was a park.” I pleaded with him. He shook his head at me before opening my car door once again.