Staying With Them A While

While Mr. Jacobs had finished all his classes, I finished grading papers for him. He packed up all his things and we left his classroom. We made our way down the hall and the next thing I knew; we were entering a huge basketball court. I marveled at it, etching each detail in my brain for safe keeping. 

“Hey, you ready man?” I heard Mr. Jacobs say, pulling me from my trancelike state. 

“Yeah, I’m ready.” I heard another voice respond. My eyes met a 6’10 man with long black hair and piercing green eyes that reminded me a bit of Mr. Jacobs. He wore a gray shirt that hugged his upper half and a pair of black shorts. He had tattoos all along his arms which struck me different, usually that didn’t fit the luxury agenda. 

“This is my brother Mark, Mark this is……” There was a long pause. A slow smile made its way to my face, he realized he’d never actually asked my name.

“Taylor.” I said simply as I stuck out my hand to shake his. He nodded and gave a firm handshake. 

“Taylor is going to stay with us a while.” Glenn spoke. I stared at him in shock confused as to how he came up with that, I never agreed to stay with them. 

“No, its fine, really I’ve got my own place.” I lied. 

“And that’s why you have a bag full of clothes and food in your backseat?” Glenn stated with a smirk, knowing he had me. I sighed, embarrassed at having no response to his statement. 

“We all fall on tough times kid, don’t worry about it.” He spoke again patting my back. Mark only stared at me as if studying my presents, he walked past me practically ignoring me. “Don’t worry about him he lost the game today. He’ll be good as new within the next 15 minutes to tomorrow morning. Depending on how bad the loss was of course.” He said guiding me out of the college building and to his car. The three of us hopped in the car and headed to what I assumed to be their house.