"Who Is Your Dad Anyways?"

Soon enough we hopped in the car and arrived at the very expensive looking giant mall.

“Alright, I was thinking we go, Gucci, Sephora, Luis Vuitton, Prada, Versace, Macy’s, Old Navy, Adidas, Journeys, and then Timberland

“Alright, I was thinking we go, Gucci, Sephora, Luis Vuitton, Prada, Versace, Macy’s, Old Navy, Adidas, Journeys, and then Timberland. Afterwards we’ll go to the food court and have some lunch. How’s that sound?” Glenn asked Mark. 

“Don’t forget Rolex, and yeah that all sounds good to me.’’ Mark responded. 

“Oh, you guys are getting a couple of things too?” I asked excitedly. 

 “Nope, all those stores are for you princess.” Glenn responded with a smile. I stood stunned and in shock. 

“We might get a couple of things here and there but, this is all for you.” Mark confirmed.

“No guys, I don’t need that many things. We can just go to a couple of places and be done. I’m just staying to finish the job; I won’t bother you guys that long.” I said. 

“Kid, where are you going to go once you’re done here with Glenn and I? You don’t have a place out here. Like you said, you are far from home, and I refuse to leave you out there all on your own. You’re staying with us until you get everything together.” Mark spoke again. Glenn nodded in agreement at his statement. I sighed, feeling bad about this whole thing. I felt like I was taking their money and that’s the last thing I wanted them to think.

“I feel like I’m taking your money,” I responded out loud honestly. 

“You aren’t taking our money princess. Trust me when I say we have more than enough money. We might as well spend it on something special. That special thing happens to be you.” Glenn said softly while giving me a kind smile. I smiled back happily. My father had never said anything like that to me and neither had he called me princess. Not that I remember anyways. 

Surprisingly we went through the stores pretty quickly and got everything I needed. To say I got a lot of bags was an understatement, and I was surprised that Mark and Glenn could carry them that easily. 

Then again, they’re like 10 feet tall and have massive arms. My dads are pretty strong to say the least. I paused for a moment when I thought that. Would they be okay with me calling them my dad’s? I quickly threw out the thought, trying to put my mind on something else. We took all the bags outside to the car before heading back in for some lunch. I felt in my pockets for my wallet but froze realizing it wasn’t there. 

“Do you want something to eat Sailor?” Mark asked. 

“I…I forgot my wallet by accident. I could’ve sworn it was in my pockets and it’s not there now. I don’t have my money to pay for food.” I said, feeling my pockets again to no avail.

“I didn’t ask all that Sai. Do you want food yes or no?” Mark responded. 

“Yes but-“I started but didn’t get a chance to finish. 

“One of the rules is you don’t get to pay for anything little Sailor, we mean that. I have your wallet in my truck.” Glenn said. I pouted at him crossing my arms like a child would. He only chuckled before ruffling my hair a bit. Mark came back with our food, and I was super excited to see subway. 

“Yesss Subway! Subway! Subway!” I chanted. Mark gave a wide smile and set my food down in front of me. I prayed before quickly digging in happily. I danced a bit as I ate, looking around at everything that I hadn’t paid much attention to before.

I heard collective giggles from the two men in front of me. It brought me back out of my own little world as I looked down blushing. 

“What? The foods really good.” I mumbled innocently. Neither Glenn nor Mark said a word, only continuing to eat. However, my eyes met with a sight that ruined my mood immediately. Rachel and her annoying group of over the top friends. Mark and Glenn both sensed my mood change and looked to what had gotten my attention.

“This is a good time to put your acting skills into use kid. She thinks you’re poor, but you’re a spoiled rich kid who won’t take that disrespect. You have your daddy’s money and you’re not afraid to flaunt it around. Show them that you belong where you are Sai.” Glenn spoke encouraging me. I closed my eyes getting into character. As soon as I had, Rachel and her friends came sauntering over to us. (I know not ALL rich people are arrogant lol I’m just doing this for the sake of the story.)

“If it isn’t poor assistant teacher Taylor. Hello Mr. Jacobs, Mr. Calaway.” Rachel said arrogantly. 

“Poor Is a funny word honey because if I remember correctly… I just came from Gucci, Sephora, Luis Vuitton, Prada, Versace, Macy’s, Old Navy, Adidas, Journeys, and Timberland. Oh and of course Rolex. My dad was adamant that I needed a new watch, so I gave in. I bought something from every store. Poor people would cry looking at those prices. My daddy got only the best for me. Where did you get your clothes from? The dumpster behind the mall?” I said with a sickeningly sweet tone. Her friends tried to hold back their laughs, making her angry. 

“Who is your dad anyways? There’s no way that you can afford that after that terrible outfit I saw you wearing yesterday.” she asked laughing obnoxiously. Both Mark and Glenn looked up at her with a knowing smile. She looked at both men confused. 

“You’re looking at them.” I said, crossing my legs sassily. She gave no response but stared between both me and the two men in disbelief. 

“She’s right though darling. I do wish you’d show off a bit more. Especially that new 2024 McLaren and your Rolls Royce I just bought you. I told you they’d think were poor, sometimes you must show off a bit and brag. It would stop conversations like this from happening.” Mark said arrogantly. It shocked me for a moment because I had never heard him talk like that. I guess you have to learn to be arrogant sometimes, so people don’t step on you.

“I know daddy I just want people to see my brain first not our money.” I said softly in response.

“Of course my Love, but sometimes you have to show off the money and the brains.” Glenn chimes. His change in voice shocked me as well. I gave a wide smile to both my dads. I was so grateful for them backing me up.  

“Wait you have the new McLaren AND Rolls Royce?! My dad has been trying to get me both for weeks, they’ve been turning him down.” She complained in an obnoxiously high-pitched tone.

“My dads know lots of people.” I said with a fake pouty face. “Anyways, I think we’re done here. I’m ready to go home now daddy, I’m tired.” I continued. Mark and Glenn both nodded in understanding, and we all got up and left. Rachel only stood there baffled and annoyed as we walked away. 

“Good Job little Sailor.” Glenn said giving me a fist bump. 

“Thanks. You guys did pretty well too honestly.” I said smiling. They both smiled back at me, and we headed to the car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading 💙 I hope you enjoyed.