Ch 4: New Goals

The very next day, the entire Zoldyck household was gathered in the courtyard to witness the duel between father and son. Aoi stood at one end, his stance poised and controlled, while Silva stood at the other, his stance seeming rather plain.

Aoi Zoldyck squared his shoulders, staff in hand, as he faced off against his father, Silva Zoldyck, in the secluded courtyard of the Zoldyck estate. Aoi's cyan eyes crackled with the power of his lightning-enhanced Nen, his body tensed with the anticipation of battle.

Silva, the current head of the Zoldyck family, regarded his son with a cool, calculated gaze. "I see you have refined the lightning Nen, Aoi. Impressive."

Aoi tightened his grip on his staff, a flicker of resolve in his eyes. "Enough talk, father. I won't hold back I need answers."

Without a word, Silva extended his hand, and a shimmering purple orb of aura emanated from his palm. Aoi recognized it immediately as Silva's emission Nen abilities.

The air crackled with tension as father and son circled each other, the energy of their Nen creating an almost palpable pressure in the air.

In almost an instant Silva unleashed the two orbs of nen which combined, the bigger orb destroying everything in its path on its way to Aoi, who lunged forward, his staff imbued with nen slicing through the ball of nen with lethal precision as the nen sperated and exploded not far behind Aoi.

Aoi quickly appeared before Silva, twirling his staff in a dazzling display of skill arcs of lightning crackled around him.

He then hit his staff on the ground releasing a net of lightning that Silva avoided by jumping high into the air.

From the ground Aoi threw his hand drawing on his nen and creating an arc of lightning which he aimed at Silva before thrusting his hand towards his Father sending the arc of lightning impacting the man, who had put his arms in a cross formation imbuing his arms with nen blocking most of the electrical current.

Silva finally had returned back to the ground and burst into speed, meeting Aoi with a punch that he avoided.

As Silva continued to throw punches, Aoi moved effortlessly, dodging the strikes with grace and poise.

"You've grown strong, Aoi you make my movements seem predictable," Silva remarked.

Aoi didn't give an audible response intent on focusing on winning this battle. Growing tired he decided to allow one of his Father's punches to connect to his forearm to test it's strength, and as soon as the blow hit it sent Aoi flying.

As he flew he spun his staff in a dizzying blur, gathering lightning before he aimed the pole at Silva sending a rather formidable arc of lightning at him, which with it's overwhelming speed connected with the Zoldyck clan head full force.

Getting time Aoi observed his forearm to see it had turned purple and the blow had dealt internal damage, however he did not show this outwardly remaining composed as he allowed his mind to go into a lighting fast train of thought.

He would have to deal with his Father's overwhelming attacks by continuing to use his natural electrical aura to enhance his speed and fighting technique.

Just as his train of thought ended Silva was in front of him going to kick him which Aoi just barely avoided making a few feet of distance between him and Silva.

Just as soon as he made it though, he closed the distance again this time on the offensive launching a barrage of lightning-infused strikes of his pole at his father, who countered each attack with ease, his evasion tactics flawless.

Attempting to even out the playing field Silva focused his nen and sent a projectile of nen hitting Aoi's staff sending it flying out of his hand before it fell embedding itself in the ground, it's overwhelming weight steeling it.

Without his weapon Aoi was forced to rely on his Aoi's battle intelligence, which came into play. He analyzed his father's movements, searching for patterns, weaknesses, anything he could use to gain the upper hand. As a specialist Aoi's nen was least comptaible for enhancement techniques which he was currently using to enhance his physical prowess, but for the most part it allowed him to match Silva blow for blow.

However Silva had trained his body to be his main weapon, and he had a slight edge against Aoi in the field of true hand to hand combat. He was making contacts with Aoi and though not often the strength behind the blows made up for it.

However the pain tolerance Aoi had honed through years of rigorous training allowed him to endure the blistering pain in his muscles, driving him to press on.

Silva would use his emission nen abilities and unleash a barrage of razor-sharp nen projectiles at Aoi, who deftly weaved between them, channeling his lightning Nen to deflect the attacks.

Their battle raged on, each exchange pushing their limits. Aoi's physical prowess was put to the test as he unleashed a relentless assault, his strikes infused with the crackling energy of his Nen. Silva responded in kind, his movements a masterful dance of precision and power.

"Is that all you've got, boy?" Silva taunted very rarely, a sly smirk gracing his lips, enjoying his eldest sons presence, and this battle.

Aoi's own resolve and lust for battle made him relentless, refusing to back down. The clash between father and son was a symphony of power and determination, a testament to their unwavering resolve.

As the dust settled, Aoi and Silva stood facing each other, panting and bruised, the courtyard around them littered with the remnants of their fierce battle. Despite the physical toll, a glimmer of respect shone in Silva's eyes as he regarded his son.

"You've grown stronger, Aoi. I am proud," Silva admitted, the hint of a proud smile tugging at his lips.

Aoi nodded respectively, a newfound sense of pride swelling within him. The battle had tested him in ways that reminded him of why he loved battle and he grew stronger even now.

Father and son intent on ending this battle readied themselves, Silva focusing his nen to enhance his speed to max as, Aoi's lightning nen begin to dance around him sweltering.

In an explosive burst of movement, Aoi shot at Silva who only a split second later shot at Aoi, but that split second was all Aoi needed and he ended the battle by grabbing Silva by the arm twisting it into an awkward position, before pinning him to the ground with a swift, decisive strike.

"Father," Aoi panted, "Tell me the truth. Where are Killua and Illumi?"

Silva's expression softened which is a rare thing, and he nodded in defeat, "Killua is on a journey of his own, seeking to carve his own path taking part in the Hunter exams," Silva revealed. "Illumi has taken on a new assignment, and his whereabouts remain a closely guarded secret."

Aoi nodded, his mind already brimming with plans and possibilities. He had his next destination in mind, but first he would go to talk to his grandfather.

Turning away from his father, he approached his grandfather. "Aoi," Zeno greeted him with a gruff smile, "You fought well. I trust you got what you came for?"

Aoi nodded, "I did. Thank you, grandfather. But there is more I need to know. I am leaving to find Killua and confront Illumi, but I need your help. I know that Killua isn't as free as he thinks. Knowing Illumi he is likely attempting to follow Killua, and theirs no telling what he will do. And as for Alluka please watch over her well-being, without Killua here she will not be treated fairly"

The two Zoldycks exchanged a knowing glance before nodding in unison. Aoi had his grandfather's support, and with their expertise, he was determined to go after Killua.

As Aoi prepared to depart from the Zoldyck estate once again, he felt a renewed sense of purpose burning within him. The journey ahead would be very different from his life style over the last few years, but Aoi was resolute in his quest of taking watch of Killua.

Next time on Hunter x Hunter