Ch 5: The Hunter Exams

Aoi Zoldyck stood at the underground start point for the Hunter exams, his keen eyes scanning the sea of competitors that surrounded him. Having effortlessly breezed through the initial test stages, his reputation as a formidable contender in the prestigious exam had begun to precede him.

Among the multitude of hopefuls, Aoi's gaze fell upon a familiar figure - his younger brother, Killua. Watching from a distance, Aoi observed the interactions between Killua and a young boy named Gon Freecss, their voices filled with an animated chatter that hinted at a budding friendship.

Approaching his brother and the young boy, Aoi's presence seemed to draw the attention of those around them, the air charged with a subtle tension as the crowd shifted to accommodate the Zoldyck heir.

"Killua," Aoi called out, his voice calm yet carrying a note of authority.

Killua turned to face his brother, a flicker of surprise crossing his features before settling into a guarded expression. The conflicting emotions within him were evident, torn between the loyalty to his family and the connections he was forming outside the confines of the Zoldyck estate.

"Aoi," Killua responded, his voice neutral but tinged with an underlying tension. "What brings you here?"

"I returned home and found you gone, Mother blinded and an atmosphere of change in the estate. Me and Father...discussed and I was told of your current goal. As your elder brother I felt compelled to seek you out," Aoi explained, his eyes meeting Killua's with a mixture of concern and determination. "I wanted to ensure your safety and offer my support."

A subtle shift in the atmosphere could be felt as Aoi's presence, combined with the aura of the Zoldyck name, garnered the attention of those nearby. The intensity of the Hunter exams seemed to amplify in the presence of the Zoldyck siblings, adding an air of unpredictability to the already charged environment.

Gon, sensing the weight of the unspoken exchanges between the brothers, spoke up with a sense of curiosity and a touch of determination.

"It's impressive to see brothers looking out for each other like this," Gon remarked, his gaze shifting between Aoi and Killua. "The bond you share is super strong!."

Aoi acknowledged Gon's observation with a nod, a flicker of appreciation in his eyes for the perceptive young boy. He also saw the same spark of potential he saw in Killua, in the eyes of Gon, and instantly knew that together the two boys could potentially overcome any obstacle that stood in their path.

The connection between Killua and Gon, though newly formed, held a sense of camaraderie that mirrored the unspoken bond between the Zoldyck siblings, and perhaps it was fate that brought this new change Aoi thought although not normally one to entertain such ideas.

The throng of competitors gathered at the underground start point of the Hunter exams, anticipation hanging heavy in the air as they awaited the next phase of the grueling test. Among them stood Aoi Zoldyck, his sharp gaze assessing the faces around him with keen interest.

As the examiner arrived, naming himself as Satotz Aoi and of course the rest of those gathered observed the man.

Appearing a tall and lean man who exudes a sense of authority. He has sharp eyes that betray his keen intelligence, set in a face that seems to carry a permanently etched stoic expression. His short and neatly-kept hair complementing his no-nonsense demeanor.

Donning a simple yet practical dark suit, emphasizing his professionalism and efficiency in his role as an examiner for the Hunter exams. The attire gives the man a distinguished appearance, underscoring his role as a guide and arbiter of the challenges that the competitors will face.