HOGWARTS
POTIONS
2:30PM

Usually Draco and I would walk to quidditch practice together from potions, but for some reason, while I was waiting for him by the door, he walked right past me, even going so far to shove my shoulder.
I stumbled a bit and felt a hand grab my waist keeping me up right.
"You alright? What's his problem?" I heard Cedric's voice.
"I don't know. We usually walk together" I sighed and watched Dracos platinum hair dissappear into the crowd.
"What is he your boyfriend?" Cedric question.
"Merlins beard! Where on earth did you get that idea from!" I gagged but I couldn't help the feeling of my cheeks heating up.
"Well he's just so protective of you and you guys always look so comfortable together." He shrugged.
"No we're just fri- no we're. acquaintances. Don't spread a lie like that Diggory" I sighed and started to walk off.
Cedric grabbed my arm to get my attention.
"At least let me walk you, to make up for Malfoy ditching you." He smiled
"Ok but make haste, don't get me kicked off the team Diggory"
The last thing I needed was to be late to practice while Draco was in a foul mood.
As assistant captain he has the power to bench me or worse, kick me off the team.

𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙
HOGWARTS
QUIDDITCH FEILD
2:30PM

"You're late Windsor." Draco eyed me as I walked out of the girls locker room.
"Because you left me, Malfoy" I rolled my eyes.
"Why didn't you get Diggory to walk you, huh? You guys seem awfully close." Draco scoffed.
"He did walk me." I scoffed back.
"Of fucking course he did. Hurry up to the field, you have the lot of us waiting." He mumbled the first part under his breath, I still heard it but choose to ignore it.
He then swiftly turned on his heel and walked off, I followed a good amount of paces behind him.

"There you two are, what took you both so long huh?" The captain said in a teasing voice when Draco and I walked up.
"Shut it flint." Draco said with a venomous tone of voice.
It made everyone very surprised, no one ever called captain anything except for captain or captain Marcus flint.
"Woah, Lose the attitude Draco. There's always room on the bench" Captain warned.
All Draco did was roll his eyes and make a 'tch' sound.
"We have a game this afternoon Malfoy! Keep your head in the game. Same to you Windsor" everyone suddenly shifted their attention to me.
"Huh? What did I do"
"This is your 3rd time in a row being late to practice"
"By like 2 minutes. It's Draco's fault every time I'm late, " I scoffed.
"Hey watch your tone, your not safe from the bench either Windsor." Captain warned me as well.
I copied Dracos actions and rolled my eyes while sucking my teeth.
"Now! Let's get practice started!" Captain announced.

𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙
HOGWARTS
GREAT HALL
4PM

"Ugh I'm starved" I groaned as I took my spot next to Daphne at the Slytherin table.
"I heard that practice was fun." Daphne said in a teasing voice.
"Practice was a mess!" I dragged my hands down my face. Daphne laughed as my reaction.
"Draco was in a foul mood the whole time! His sly remarks and constantly 'accidentally' crashing into me was driving me mad." I sighed angrily and took a bite of my food.
"Sounds like you have a lot on your hands." Daphne giggled.
"A lot on my mind too.By any chance do you know Cedric?"
"Diggory?"
"Yep"
"As in the one staring at you right now?"
"What?" I quickly looked up and she was right, from the Hufflepuff table, Cedric was in fact staring right at me, he was obviously daydreaming. But did he really have to do it in my direction?

"You two seemed quite comfortable during potions." Daphne smirked.
"Please don't start" I rolled my eyes.
"Turns out he was the one that gave me that chocolate frog in first year." I continued.
"Which further proves my point, seems like Draco has competition" She smirked while taking a bite of her food.
"There is no competition to win. None of these childlike boys are worth my time." I smirked.
"Wow, real humble of you Y/N" Daphne said sarcastically.
"That wasn't me being humble, that was me being honest. I'm a girl worth working for." I stated smugly as my eyes drifted back to Cedric who had broke out of his daydream and was now talking to his friends.
"I am Y/N Windsor after all" I shrugged with a smirk.
𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙
HOGWARTS
QUIDDITCH FEILD
7PM

"What was that out there, huh? You guys basically handed them points on a sliver platter!" Captain shouted and angrily threw his broom to the ground.
We had lost the quidditch game against the Hufflepuffs.
"And you, Windsor!" He suddenly pointed at me.
I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.
"You were basically making goo goo eyes at that Diggory guy the whole game!" He continued.
"What are you on about?" I was genuinely confused. I hadn't spoken to or locked eyes with Cedric the whole game. At least I tried not to.
"Don't even try to deny it." I heard Draco scoff.
"Just because we lost doesn't give you the right to flip it on me, you imbecile. Maybe your just a shitty captain, ever think about that?" I stood my ground. Did he really think that he was gonna talk to Y/N Windsor like that?
On the field, he has the authority, but off he is nothing but a mere ant in my path.
"Yknow, i would kick you off this team in a heartbeat if your dad didn't scare me shitless." Captain chuckled as he poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue, holding back what he truly wants to say.
"You're all dismissed!" He shouted out before I could respond.
"Pussy."I mumbled under my breath and started to walk off.

"Hear that Winsdor? You're on thin ice." I heard Draco's voice as he walked up to me.
"Shut it Malfoy. I'm not in the mood" I rolled my eyes and started to walk faster.
With his longer legs, Draco matched my pace effortlessly. There was no way to lose him.
"So, you and Diggory, huh?" He said.
"Merlins beard! Definitely not." I practically gagged.
I don't know why I reacted like that. Cedric isn't a bad guy.
He's sweet, smart, athletic, and attractive.

"Wow Y/N. I thought you were into him." Draco genuinely sounded surprised.
"Why in Merlins name would you think that?" I asked.
"Must I explain myself?" He now sounded irritated again.
Wow his mood can change in milliseconds.
"Yes. I don't understand how Cedric and I seem like we have romantic feelings for eachother." I answered.
"You really are simple-minded, huh?" He scoffed and walked off.
How I pissed him off? I have no idea.
Why he came up to me in the first place? I don't know.
Is he a mystery? Most certainly.

WORD COUNT 1193