HOGSMEADE
CAFÉ
1PM

"Whats with all the sulking?" Daphne questioned me as she stirred her tea.
"Sulking? I'm not sulking" i scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.
"You've been sighing and staring off into to space this whole time." Daphne sighed.
"You're not amazing company right now. What's wrong?" She continued.
"Nothings wrong, it's ridiculous for you to even propose that everything isn't in my power." I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my tea.
"So something is out of your control and it's bothering you." She stated.
"I never said that."
"You're too predictable sometimes, Y/N"
"Merlins beard, am I really?" I sighed and buried my face into my hands.
"Just open up to me. That's something you need to work on anyway." She smiled sweetly at me.
"I might get kicked off the quidditch team. And That little squint Malfoy is ruining my life. And I've been thinking about Cedric more than I should." I blutered out quickly. The last part being barely understandable.
"Wow. Ok" Daphne's eyes widened.
"Let's take a few steps back." She giggled.

I slouched down into my seat and sighed out of relief. I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.
"So, Diggory huh?" Daphne raised her brows teasingly.
"Of course that's the only part you payed attention to." I rolled my eyes.
"But that's not what's been bothering me the most." I continued.
"I don't know...it seems the most important" She smirked.
"I will scream so loud and all the people in this Cafe will look over and think we are crazy. Do not start." I threatened.
"Ok Ok. What's bothering you?" She laughed.
"Draco. I feel like it's always one step forward 2 steps back with us." I sighed.
"Oh. That's interesting. You sure he's not the one you have feelings for?" She questioned me.
"I do not have feelings for anybody!" I groaned.
"Then what about Ced-"
"I have no romantic feelings For
anybody." I said sternly.

"Look. It's just that I got a letter from my mother." I started.
"She said that she's starting to look for a husband." I continued.
"Isn't She already married...?" Daphne titled her head genuinely confused.
"Not for herself you bird brained idiot. For me." I sighed.
"You're going to be in an arranged marriage?" The poor girl looked like she was the one being forced to marry a stranger.
"Well it was bound to happen. You didn't think that my parents just fell into love did you? They had to learn to love eachother." I explained.
"Are you serious? And here I thought your parents were couple goals. This whole time it was an arranged marriage?" Daphnes eyes were as big as dinner plates. She was clearly dumbfounded.

"What does all this have to do with Draco?" She asked.
"You can really be thick skulled sometimes, yknow that?" I giggled.
"I'm pretty sure that Draco is gonna be a possible bachelor. And if I were to be forced into a marriage with a snobby pureblood, i would want it to be him." I continued.
"What! I thought you hated his guts?" She asked surprised.
"Yes, I hate that dumb blonde. But I've also known him and his family practically my whole life. So I won't be marrying a complete stranger." I explained.
"I bet you want to marry Cedric huh?" She said teasingly.
"Ugh, you're gonna kill me." I groaned.
"Honesty I'd marry that potter kid in our potions and flying class. He's kinda cute." Daphne smirked.
"Yknow who's also kind of cute? Don't tell anybody I said this because people will have a field day." I leaned in and started to whisper.
"The Weasley kids are kind of cute. Especially those troublemaker twins."
"No way!" Daphne gasped.
"I thought I was the only one!" She laughed.
"Don't tell anyone." I pointed a finger at her with a smile.
"You're secrets safe with me Ms. Windsor."
𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙𓆙
HOGWARTS
SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM
6PM

Daphne and I were sitting in the Slytherin common room studying when I suddenly heard whispers.
"Did you hear that?" I asked Daphne.
She looked at me confused and then I repeated myself.
"Hm?" She finally took out her earbuds.
"For Merlins sake, nevermind" I groaned and looked back down at my text book.

It wasn't long before I heard it again.
I looked towards the door and saw feet underneath it.
I picked up my wand hesitantly.
"Alohomora!" I said with a wave of my wand and I watched as the door flung open.
The sudden ruckus caused Daphne to jump and take out her earbuds.
"Y/N! What in Merlins name are you...." her sentence trailed off as she saw the scene that was happening on the other side of the now open door.

Like a deer frozen in headlights, there stood my former quidditch team. Draco on his knees peaking through the key hole and the rest of the boys standing behind him.

"You're Slytherin are you not? Don't be a creep, just come into the room" I scoffed.
The boys continued to stare at us, dumbfounded. Until Draco hit captain Flint on his shoulder to snap him out of shock.
"Er, nice spell." He muttered out.
"It's a common spell, everyone knows it." I stated.
"Right." He said awkwardly.
"What do you idiots want."I rolled my eyes, already annoyed by their presence.
"Yeah, it's kinda creepy that you guys were just spying on us." Daphne cringed.
"Look, uh-" Captain started.
"We wanted to apologize." Draco interrupted him.
My eyebrows raised. An apology from Draco Malfoy? I should go get a lottery ticket.
"Well? Go on." I said smugly.
The boys immediately looked uncomfortable, they definitely didn't think this far into the plan. As if there was even a plan to begin with.
"Look don't act so smug, we just need you to win this next game. After that we will open tryouts for your spot." Draco said.
"Well when you say it like that, I don't want to help you. Try being more sincere." I smirked and looked over at Daphne who was trying to hold in her laugh.
"Take it away Flint!" Draco gave Captain Flint a closed lip smile and patted him on his shoulder, obviously realizing that he's met his match.
"Pucey?" Flint copied Dracos actions to the guy standing next to him.
"Crabbe, it's your time to shine buddy." Pucey turned to the guy next to him.
"Um uh-" Crabbe started.
"Get on with it!" Draco rushed him.

Daphne and I laughed at the scene in front of us.
"You guys have no idea what an apology is huh? Or you guys are too butthurt to beg for a girls help?" I titled my head.
"Look, will you help us or not." Draco groaned.
"Please don't make this harder for us than it already is." Pucey groaned.
"You guys are pathetic." I laughed.
"Watch it Windsor." Drack seethed.
"If you put Draco on a leash, I'm in." I turned to Captain Flint.
"Thank Melrin!" He sighed, everyone visible let out a breath.
"Also..." I started.
"Ugh what now. Must you be so needy?" Draco groaned.
"ALSO, I get to keep my spot on the team after this game." I continued over Draco's whining.
"Fine by me, less work" Captain Flint shrugged.
"Aren't you going to ask me for my opinion? I'm assistant captain!" Draco whined.
"Last time I asked for your opinion we walking in here and embarrassed ourselves in front of these young ladies." Flint joked.
"Oh so this was Dracos idea?" I was genuinely surprised.
"Not entirely. his idea was to place a spell on you so you play, then take the spell off after so you won't remember a thing." Pucey ratted Draco out.
"Wow, some friends you have Malfoy." I joked.
"Look we apologized, can we leave now." Draco seemed to not enjoy the fact that he was the laughing stock of the conversation.
"I'm glad we came to an agreement Windsor, I hope to see you on the field tomorrow." Flint smiled and put his hand out.
"Ok Captain." I shook his hand.

WORD COUNT 1365