Now and Forever

"Kiki, Juliana's in trouble! You gotta help her!" Carmine called.

"B-but... I can't... I can't help anyone..." Kieran looked down at the state of the battlefield, his face filling with dread as he watched Sylveon slowly collapse on its side. This can't be how it ends, can it...?

..

..

..

..

"Kieran..."

"...Please listen to me. You're not weak... nor were you ever. You were able to cope with each loss you took... Bouncing back no matter how much you stumbled over... as if it was just a big coincidence." Juliana spoke softly, unable to hold back as tears welled up in her eyes.

"You said that you did all of this just to show me just how much I've hurt you... but still, you cared about me, saving me, back when we battled the Glimmora earlier..."

"Remember what I've said back in the festival? That I want that moment to last forever, to always be there for you? Well, that hasn't changed at all..."

"Yes, you've made a lot of mistakes, maybe more than most people. But heck, if that's what I was judging on, I'd never forgive myself for all the mistakes I've made too... that's why I'm willing to accept you, no matter anything..."

A small smile spread across her face as she realized how she truly felt and how she wanted Kieran to know.

"...The true treasure was never an item... nor was it a stellar pokemon. The true treasure is..."

"You."

Kieran was left speechless... All those long hours he'd dedicated to prove his worth to her, all that time wasted as he continued to chase after the so called treasure. Yet, he had it right here all along, a true friend. I guess it didn't really matter in the end... did it?

"Kieran... I've known you for a bit now, and after everything, everything you've been through, I still want to get to know you more. I want you to be by my side... because I want you to know just how much you matter to me."

"I couldn't be more grateful for the moments we've had together, even the painful ones. They've changed me for the better... and you're the reason I don't want to give up on you. I've promised to be by your side... so c'mon... let's do this 'together'."

Kieran clenches his fist in determination, pushing through the cloud of doubt as Juliana's words fill his heart with a warmth he'd seldom felt before in his lifetime.

This was everything he had ever wished for... Everything he'd wanted was right in front of him. She was right, he really did matter to someone, to her....

...

Terapagos unleashed another barrage of Tera Starstorm towards Sylveon. Having little to no energy left, she could only braced for impact.

"Hydrapple go!"

"Veon?" Sylveon looked up in surprise as the attack failed to connect, only to see Hydrapple taking the hit in its place.

Giving the Intertwining Pokémon a nod, Hydrapple looked back to its trainer as it awaits for its command.

...

"Thank you..." Kieran spoke softly, a faint smile on his face as he looked back towards her.

"Thank you too..." She replied, her heart beginning to swell with each beating second, watching his smile and the determination he now exuded.

"Honestly, better late than never, I guess. The two of you better clean this whole mess up!" Carmine sighed. Well, at least he'd finally move on from it