Alone

His eyes pried open, looking around the room he was in. His mind a bit fuzzy as he picks himself up. The white sheets... he was in the Academy's infirmary. What happened? Pulling himself up, he felt a weight on his lap. He was stun at the sight of Juliana... the girl was laying on his lap hugging him, her eyes puffy from the tears. "Juliana d-did she..." His whole body went red at the sight as he processed the whole situation.

"She's been here for two hours now." Carmine spoke softly, sitting next to his bed. Taking a close look of her, it doesn't seem that she had enough rest herself, the eyebags an indicator.

His eyes went wide with surprise as everything started to come back to him. His hands started to shake as he looked down to see Juliana laying next to him. Was this really happening right now? He tried to calm himself down as he looked at Juliana with wide eyes, her puffy eyes and tears.

Why did she stay? She won... she took everything from him but...

Kieran was feeling dazed as he tried to process everything that just happened. His whole world had been turned upside down and he had just lost the only thing that he's spent the last few months obsessing over. The loss had crushed him so much that he felt like there was nothing left for him, nothing left other than pure despair and loneliness.

He looked down to Juliana still on his lap, her tear swollen eyes met his. His vision started to blur as tears fell from his eyes and his body began to shake. His throat felt sore, as if he had been screaming.

Carmine looked over to him, "Kieran, I-"

"Just give me space..." Kieran mumbled as he started to shift away from her to get her off of him. Carmine looked over concerned at Kieran's response, knowing his sister probably overstepped his space. Kieran's breath was becoming shorter and shorter. He started to breathe with an audible whimper as he sat up and looked at the floor, he didn't want to look at her at all.

"Kieran... you're awake." Juliana spoke softly as she groggily opened her eyes wiping he last bits of her tears.

His breath shook as he turned his head to look at her. He wanted to scream and berate at her for the position she put him in, for the amount of pain he just felt. The emotions he felt were running rampant inside him but he didn't want to yell out at her like that, he knew she meant well. The sight of her in that state pained him, that guilt filled his heart with despair and pain. But yet something inside of him resides...

"*Bing-Bong-Bing-Bing*"

"Attention to BB league champion Kieran, Elite 4 member Drayton, Carmine of class 3-2, and Exchange student Juliana. Ms. Briar and a few guest would like to see you. Please gather at class 1-4 as soon as possible."

"*Bing-Bong-Bing-Bing*"

The sound of the intercom caught his attention as he started to shift his head, he froze when he heard the announcement, he was still trying to process the pain he felt from the battle. This was just going to tear his wound open again if he had to go through with this. He looked at Juliana, the anger still coarsing through, was this really necessary? He had other things on his mind but he was the focus of the current situation he'd have to go.

His body started to shake again as he quickly tried to shift away from her and get off the bed. Feeling a bit exhausted from everything that just happened, his body felt weak as he stood up and stumbled a bit.

As he stumbled, Juliana took a hold of him by his arms, "C-carefull, you should rest first. I'll tell Ms. Briar that you can't meet her now."

He immediately stiffened once she took a hold of his arms, he couldn't control his body from shaking, and suddenly the anger was flooding back into him. His body started to tense as he tried to pull his arms back from her.