Catching Up

After what felt like hours of walking, the group finally reaches the fourth research station, all of this walking just for this place? What is it about Area Zero that makes it such an unknown? These questions echoed in Kieran's mind as he finally takes his eyes off the area around him. A small shiver went down his spine as the group now makes their way deeper into the cavern.

Ms Briar was carefully examining the walls of the crater, her eyes looking over the intricate details that went up the crater. Every once in a while she would take a scan read out of a small device she carried on her and make note of it, though it couldn't be seen what it was.

She was so invested in doing her own thing, unaware that the group was behind her.

Kieran on the other hand was still trying to regain his composure as he kept his thoughts to himself, the group was silently following Juliana as they made their way to where they needed to go. Each step, each step they took into Area Zero their emotions and thoughts were slowly getting drowned out one by one, something was taking over their minds. Whatever it was it was powerful enough to drown out every sense of fear and anger and yet it was as if it was calling him forward.

"Crack!"

A sudden rumble shook the ground as an Iron Treads made a sudden appearance from beneath the terrain, its tusks made a scraping noise against the ground as it suddenly charged. The sudden presence of the Iron Tread surprised them as it charged onward, only moments before it had been a serene sight to see as they walked and now there was a sudden appearance of danger.

Kieran quickly reached for his bag and pulled out a pokeball and prepared to give a command as Porygon Z and Grimsnarl appeared side by side to face the threat. "Porygon Z! Ice Beam!" A blast of freezing ice was sent directly at the Iron Tread.

For a brief moment a haze covered the pokémon, as it seemed to be frozen. But that wasn't enough to hold the mighty titan back as the ice shattered, charging towards him.

Kieran almost had no time to react before the Iron Tread suddenly came charging in his direction as Juliana suddenly stepped in front of him and grabbed his waist, pushing him out of the way in time. Making them both fall flat.

Not expecting her to move in front of him like that, Kieran quickly felt his body be lifted off of his feet and landed back first on the ground. As he landed, he quickly turned over and sat up, his face turning bright red as she was now sitting right on top of him.

"A-are you okay?" She asked as she tried regaining her composure, a look of worry in her eyes. It took her a while to realise the whole situation as she blushed hard, stumbling off of him. Quickly turning away from him as she hides her face.

He slowly picked himself back up on his feet, his face still red, but this time it was from embarrassment rather than anger. He quickly brushed himself off, looking like he was trying to cover up the fact he was blushing, but it was no use as his face still maintained a bright red hue.

"I-I'm fine, just wasn't expecting that." He said, he was doing his best to pretend like nothing happened, even though his body language and face said something entirely different.

Getting his head back on, he turned his attention back towards the Iron Tread, just to see his Porygon Z getting knocked back. The Ice Beam did its job as the Iron Tread's movement had slowed down somewhat but not by a lot.

Porygon Z was struggling to stand back up as the Iron Tread charged itseld a wild charge, Porygon Z was in such a vulnerable spot as it was still trying to gather itself. But thanks to the spped drop, Grimsnarl was quick enough to get infront of Porygon in time to launch an attack.