Starstruck

Zero Lab, the structure ingrained into the deposit of terastal, so deep-rooted it was as if it was carved from it rather than inserted. It glimmered as its hulking energy veins below coursed. Where did that power go?

"This is Zero lab, I take it. The structures exterior does matches Geeta's description." Briar claimed as she took a step closer. observing the sophisticated technology beholden.

Juliana remained silent, the trauma still lingering in her mind by the near death situation she faced back with her friends inside there.

Kieran took a step forward to observe the technology. He was surprised at how much of a technological marvel this structure was. He was... baffled.

"This is it then, the deepest point." His voice echoed through the cavern's walls albeit him whispering.

"The deepest point that the first expedition crew had reached. If Heath's words were true, there might actually be a point deeper down. A cavern underneath the lab itself." Briar remarked. "Let's find out then shall we?" She asks frivolously, her enthusiasm getting the best of her.

"More like get close enough, look." Carmine pointed, seeing as the lab entrance was closed off. "What do we do now?"

"That's weird... that'd never happened before. Maybe we could use the control panel to open it?" Juliana pointed out.

"Wowzers... this feels like something straight out of a spy movie... that's way cool." Kieran said, accidentally speaking out his thoughts.

Kieran felt his heart skip a beat as he accidentally spoke out his thoughts, the fact that the others heard him speaking these thoughts immediately sent embarrassment throughout his body as he quickly averted his gaze.

'Arceus! Why can't I just stop talking? You'd think I would know how to keep my mouth shut, but it's like a damn habit for me!' He thought to himself.

Carmine let out a small chuckle. Looks like he still have some part of his old self deep in there. The part of himself he long thought he cut off.

"W-what I didn't say anything." He stated, sounding slightly defensive as he averted his gaze.

Seeing that theres not much to do Briar continued, "Juliana, could you perhaps operate the control panel to gain access."

"I'll try..." She said making her way to the control panel to re-enter the pass code.

"ACCESS REVOKED DUE TO PROLONGED INACTIVITY, ENTRANCE LOCKED"

"What's the matter, is there something wrong with it?" Carmine asked.

"I can't seem to get the entrance to open. This never happened the first time we came."

"Are there any possibilities that we're missing some extra step here?" Briar asked.

"Well before this, the professor- or the AI professor in this case was inside the lab. And we also had to open multiple locks from the research stations."

"I see... then mayhap there be another way."

"Let me just try-"

A loud beep came from the terminal access as she made contact once more

"SCANNING FOR SPECIAL ACCESS

SCANNING...

SCANNING...

INDIGO DISK DETECTED.

INSERT THE DISC TO GAIN SPECIAL ACCESS."

Kieran's attention was immediately pulled towards the control panel as a beep sound was heard. He watched as the control panel scanned for something, and suddenly a notification was displayed followed by what seems to be a port for something disc shaped to be inserted.