- Part 2 -

It was a couple of days after my first encounter with Chan and I had left my home to go down to the beach. I hadn't contacted him via the phone number he gave me in the store that day yet, due to the fact that I was simply nervous. He seemed nice, but I didn't know how to approach starting a conversation with him. Do I call him? Text him? Leave a voice message? It all seemed a bit confusing and i decided to wait it out. 

Sitting on the sand, i placed my headphones over my ears, the sounds of electric guitar flowing through my system. Besides reading and painting, this was the next best thing. I didn't have to think about the pressure of life when I could just sit on the beach, listening to music and staring at the ocean. I loved the ocean. The way the waves slowly rocked back and forwards. It was so peaceful.

I didn't notice someones presence beside me until I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I jumped, feeling startled, and took my headphones off.

"May I sit here?" it was Chan. He didn't wait for my response and sat down beside me. I shuffled over a little to make more room, and placed my headphones around my neck.

"What are you doing here so late?" I ask him as I look up at the moon, its brightness emitting a soft glow across the water.

"I was gonna ask you the same thing. I find the beach relaxing, I like coming here later because there's usually nobody here. Well I mean your'e here now, but I don't think that's a bad thing." He says softly with an airy laugh. His voice is calming.

"I think exactly the same thing. Also that pineapple juice the other day, I will admit, it was pretty good. I'll be buying it again" I say with a smile on my face. 

"Ah, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I told you to trust me, see. I was wondering if you would let me get to know you better, you currently seem quite mysterious." he says jokingly, a grin about his face.

"I think I'll let you. Ask away Chan" I say as i lean back on my arms, a cool breeze in the air.

So we talked. And we talked. We had more in common than I thought we would, and it was nice speaking to someone who just understood me in a way. He seemed to get me, just like that. I liked that he listened, he had a habit of tilting his head slightly whilst i was telling him about something. It was cute really. 

I check the time on my phone. 3:56 am. I felt slightly panicked at the amount of time we had spent just talking. I knew my mother would be worried about where I was.

"Chan, I feel bad about saying this, but I think I may have to go now. Its awfully late and I just know my mom will be frantic. I think this was one of the best conversations ive had in my life, and id love to do this again some time." I say as i get up, brushing the loose sand off me. 

"No no its fine, I get you. I agree though, call me whenever you can yeah?" he says with that smile that was starting to become one of my favorite things.

"I'll do that, get home safe." i say before walking away. I turn around and give him a small wave before I leave.