- Part 3 -

- Back to present -

I think that love is the most beautiful of dreams and the worst of nightmares.

There's so many things I wanted to say to you, Chan. But there was so little time. If I knew at that point I don't think I would have ever gone to the store that day. I wouldn't have. But there's a part of me that knows that I would have. Just to get a glimpse of your face once more.

It pains me but I don't think I ever stopped loving you.

- Flashback to late last spring

He said he would meet me for dinner at 5:30 pm. It's now 6:12 pm and I am standing outside the Japanese restaurant, my clothing and hair soaked from the rain. I contemplated going home, the thought of him standing me up was bitter. But moments later Chan appeared, his hair dripping wet. An expression of guilt flooded his face.

"What time do you call this Chan?" I say as I blink to stop the rain from entering my eyes.

" I'm so sorry I got held up with some work stuff, I'm really sorry Libby." he says. If it wasn't for those beautiful eyes I would have just left then. I couldn't help but stay. 

He had asked me to dinner a few days after our encounter on the beach. My heart beat heavily at the thought of going out with him, and I knew it was the perfect opportunity to get to know him more. 

"Let's just go inside, I'm freezing out here." I say as I pull him inside. 

- Time skip to after dinner -

We finish our food, and now have to head outside back into the rain. 

"Well let's just go for it." Chan says as he looks out of the restaurant window, the rain just as heavy as it was before.

He takes my hand in his own and we rush outside, a blast of cool air hitting the two of us. The feeling of the rain is almost refreshing, and i spin around, letting it soak me.

"You're crazy Libby, but I kinda love it." he says with a laugh as he watches me, shielding his eyes from the rain. I take his hands in my own and we spin a little, both laughing. 

There was something so euphoric about that moment. 

"How about we do something together again this Saturday?" he almost has to shout over the rain.

"I'd love for that Chan. Do you have any ideas in mind?" I say as we shelter ourselves under a small ledge.

"I mean, I was gonna let you pick, but I know you like music a lot, and it sounds kinda boring, but we could go to this really cool music store I know. They sell records and CD's and all sorts of stuff." he says with a look about his face, as if he was trying to impress me. It certainly worked though.

"You know me too well already. I'd love to, Pick me up at like 1:30 pm if that's cool with you?" I say to him. Beads of rain run down his face, making him seem more attractive for some reason.

He agreed and he walked me home that night. Even though it continued to rain, It was the last thought on my mind then. All I could think about was you, you, you.