- Part 9 -

- 6 months later -

Those rare few messages turned into no messages as time flew by. 

I tried to call him several times but It said his number no longer existed.

I cried to my mother that night, when that call didn't go through. I didn't understand what I had done. I didn't understand why this had happened or what I had done wrong.

He said that we would make it work. That the distance would be hard but we would fight through it. 

I had hope that somehow you would contact me. That you would reach out. I waited, like you said. I waited for you but you never came back. I waited so long that I lost myself.

I suppose in the end there's a reason for everything. We were brought together but whatever you want to call it. Whether that's fate or just our worlds colliding, but there's a reason we met, there's a reason you left, and a reason why I kept hanging on.

Sometimes I find myself selfish for feeling that way, and I blame myself for this. But there's no reason to blame myself when it isn't my fault. 

I get reminded of you when I look a the ocean, I see you in most things. I don't even like where I live anymore as I am reminded of you in everything. 

I still wear your t shirt.