- Part 8 -

- Time skip to Chan leaving -

Things had started to make sense now, like how he said he didn't want to hurt me, how things happened for reasons and how he gave me his favorite t shirt.

The day of him leaving was one of the most painful experiences of my life. 

I waved him goodbye as he left in his car, that car that held so many memories.

The last thing he had said to me was, "You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one. I'm not trying to say that I'm no longer with you, but I need for you to try your best to be happy without me Libby. You will be the first person I visit when I have the chance, just please understand that may take time. Your'e the strongest person I know."

But I didn't know how to be happy without him. He hadn't taught me that part.

- A couple weeks later -

As soon as Chan had got to New York he called me and showed me everything there was to see. He seemed happy and I was happy that he was happy, but a part of me hurt. That's underexaggerating, my entire body was in pain.

He contacted me most days, and we would talk for hours. The endless 'I miss you's' echoed through my head. My heart ached for him so desperately.

He was busy with work, but his music had been doing very well. 

I was proud of him for that, he achieved what he wanted so very much in life.

The frequent calls slowly turned into a rare couple as the months rolled by. I messaged him constantly, but would be lucky enough to even get a reply.

I knew he was busy, and I had to keep telling myself that, but it was hard not to just sit down and want to cry at times.