Chapter Four: Halloween Event

Chapter 4: Halloween Event

Callie and Zinnia enter Ahita's blacksmith's shop. They sort through their inventories and retrieve their unrefined centipede ores.

"Hey, Zinnia! I have a rare level thirty 'Skull Paladin Shield' that you can have. The shield is kind of weak for your level but if the shield is upgraded it would be better than what you currently have equipped. I was going to sell the shield since I never use shields anyway and the shield's special skills only apply when wielded by the undead. I forgot all about the equipment."

Zinnia replies "I think that I will find something better by the time that I collect the resources to upgrade the shield to level fifty. You do raise a good point though, I should get a better shield. I was the last line of defense during the centipede battle in the challenge against Dread and Nox. I will use my ore to craft a shield."

"If those monsters are considered a 'segment' of the Centipede of Greed, then is the entire body made of the four segments the entire centipede? Or is there some kind of even worse legendary tier version lurking in the dungeon somewhere?"

"I do not know. I have only encountered rare and epic tiers of the monster."

"Well then, what kind of equipment should I buy with my ore? I really should try to aim for a whole set of some gear for bonus skills and effects. The problem is we would have to fight the same centipede so many times over. We might not even encounter another rare centipede for a long time."

Callie continues, "Then there is the issue of paying for the blacksmith to craft these items. We have to spend the ten silver coins we earned from grinding for a day. Selling the skull paladin shield will earn two silver. The endless cycle of grinding for equipment and grinding for coins to upgrade the equipment."

Zinnia replies, "Having a mismatched set of gear is still better than nothing. There is a starting point for everyone's adventure. We do not have to worry about crafting special sets right now if that makes you unhappy."

Callie raises her hand to her chin. She wanders through the blacksmith's shop looking at the sets of gear on display. There are swords, daggers, helmets, earrings, and ect. There are even full sets of armor.

"Any suggestions, my blacksmith pal of mine?"

Ahita replies, "Ingots are not mage friendly materials. You can only hope to make heavy equipment from heavy ingots after all. Small items such as daggers, wands, rings, and such should not restrict your movement much."

"I think that I should go for a dagger then. A physical attribute weapon is going to be useful in the next dungeon I plan on visiting. The enemies there have high magical defense. I want to at least be able to deal decent damage against them. There is the bonus of being able to get critical hits with the dagger too. Most mage classes and gear offer little to no critical hit capabilities except for mage assassin hybrid builds."

Ahita replies, "The forging process will require several hours. Please return to collect the equipment tomorrow or at your earliest convenience."

"That is fine. I was thinking that maybe I should go find an inn somewhere and get some sleep anyway. I will see you tomorrow, Zinnia."

Zinnia suggests, "We have spare rooms in my palace. You could stay in one."

Callie checks her reputation tab of the menu and is reminded that her affinity with the queen is at zero.

"No thanks. I get the feeling that the queen doesn't really like me based on the last conversation we had. I would rather avoid seeing her. No offense."