Chapter Five: A New Continent

Callie thought to herself, "The news is rather interesting today. How does somebody even manage to steal uranium? I would imagine uranium is like super locked down with a billion security guards stationed at every corner armed to the teeth with firearms. Why would they even want to steal uranium in the first place? I am no criminal but even I can think of a hundred much better things to steal. I know there are paintings and jewels worth like millions in museums and you wouldn't have to worry about the whole radiation thing. Some people are beyond insane."

Callie logs into ROW. She leaves her inn and cautiously looks around the surrounding buildings as though she were confused and disoriented. She checks the map on her menu.

"This isn't Marigold? Oh yeah, I was in the city of Crimson Rain last time. We met with my friend Heli and entered the Halloween event Candy Cavern dungeons. We fought with some vampires that were turning people into rock candy sculptures. Then we brewed up some potions to restore them back to normal."

Callie checks her notifications. She reads, "Hello my dear friend, Callie! I wish to invite you to a banquet, but not a messed up kind of banquet that the vampires were hosting! I promise, I promise, I promise a thousand times over that this is a normal dinner! I am being presented with a small award for my efforts relating to the petrification quest! Please be there or you shall turn into a hare! (I will curse you!) Your friend, Heli!"

"She doesn't know any curse spells. The sixth? Doesn't that take place today? What about the time?Huh? This is taking place right now!?"

Heli is a rabbit girl dressed in a chef's outfit and she is equipped with a frying pan. She has a chubby little ghost familiar named Glutton floating by her side.

Heli and Zinnia are at a large banquet hall that is full with various players and NPC. There is an empty space reserved with a name tag for Callie. They are seated among numerous round table perfect for engaging in group conversations. Even some of the chef NPC that were once petrified are present. They are in much better health and higher spirits than they were a few days ago. They are in the middle of eating a gourmet dinner and drinking fine bottles of champagne.

There is a podium where there is a speaker present. They are dressed in a black tuxedo. Their hair has turned gray with age but they retain the youthful and elegant looks iconic of a vampire.

"First off, I would like to thank each and every one of you for helping out during these distressing times. I thank you not only as the mayor of Crimson City, but as Dracula. That is me!"

Some members of the crowd laugh.

"I am touched that so many people can come together during a crisis. I could not believe my ears when I heard that the Disciples of the Tick of Gluttony were seen creeping around the city. I could believe my ears even less when I head that the community banded together to resolve the crisis before I even caught wind of the unfortunate events. Does not help that I have hearing loss in my old age."

There is a second wave of laughter.

"I believe that no good deed should go unnoticed and unrewarded. That is why I have gathered all of you here today. I am proud to host and sponsor this banquet along with my brother. Say hello, Nosferatu!"

Nosferatu silently waves and then makes a thumbs up.

Dracula continues his speech. "Please walk to the podium once your name is called for a small token of appreciation. Adam...Becky...Callie. Is she not present? Then I shall continue... Heli."

Heli walks to the stage where she is presented with a sum of ten silver coins. She smiles so gleefully.

"You will not receive just any participation badge, Heli. Oh no, no, no."