Chapter 6: Soren

Soren watched as Iris talked with Scrat, she seemed to relate to the street boy more than she did to anyone else in the castle. He could still remember the taste of her lips as he ran his tongue over his. There was fire in her eyes that he liked, he wanted to dive into them. Scrat whispered something to Iris and she laughed, distracting Soren. He felt the hilt of a sword hit the back of his head and he groaned grabbing the throbbing bump. "Seriously?" Jeremiah laughed at Soren.

"You're distracted, any particular reason why?" Jeremiah smirked knowing the reason. Soren laid on the floor, his hands over his eyes. Jeremiah sat next to him and Soren sighed touching his lips.

"I kissed her," he whispered and looked at Jeremiah whose mouth was in an 'o' shape. "She kissed me back, she felt good. Too good, she's soft and her lips taste like mint. The best part is that I think she's never been kissed before."

"Okay, so I know you've left many broken hearts behind you but..." Jeremiah paused as Soren sat up to look at his friend. "Just be careful. She doesn't seem the type to trust or even really put up with immature behavior, brother."

"I know Jeremiah, thank you for the lecture. Now, let's get back to training." They both stood and their swords clanged together, blocking out any distraction Iris had on Soren.

---------

Soren walked into the library and kissed the top of Thalia head, it was bent down to read a book. He grasped a glass cup and poured an amber liquid inside before sitting in a chair across from his sister. "Where's Iris?"

"Not sure, she mumbled something a few moments ago then disappeared. She does that sometimes but she always manages to find out where I am. Why do you want to know?" Thalia looked up at him with a wicked glint in her grey eyes.

"Don't start that, Thalia. I was just wondering, you two seem to be getting along nicely." Soren tried hiding his intentions with a gulp of his drink. Thalia rolled her eyes and shook her head, knowing what he was doing.

"Oh! Did you hear? Iris hit Arthur," Soren choked on his drink as he stared at his sister. "I know right! It's amazing, apparently he grabbed her wrist and tried forcing himself onto her. She broke his nose," Soren saw red as he stood and went to search for either Iris or the bastard that tried to hurt her. Thalia's voice faded into the back of his mind as he made his way through hallways until he came to Iris bed chamber door. He knocked once and she answered the door, he stepped in without being invited and slammed the door behind him. His hands held her shoulders as he stared at her up and down trying to see if she was hurt. The silk night gown Thalia let her borrow was cut to reveal both of Iris' long, tan legs.

"Soren? What are you doing here?" Iris asked, Soren's anger must have been visible as he noticed the bruises on her delicate wrists because she brought her hands to his face.

"That prince is dead," Soren practically growled but he couldn't move because her hands were on both sides of his face, holding Soren in place.

"You are not going to touch him. I'm fine, Soren." She whispered forcing him to look at her eyes. His anger disappeared as he melted in her eyes. Her chestnut curls framed her face, Soren couldn't resist as he ran a hand through her hair. It was as silky as it looked, he grasped her chin in his fingers and ran his thumb over her sweet lips. He wanted to kiss those lips, he wanted to do a lot more but shook his head before stepping back out of her reach.

"Goodnight, Iris." Soren walked out her door and rubbed the back of his neck with frustration. This woman had a hold on him and he didn't know wether it was a good thing or not.