chapter fifteen

Dahlia

The memory leaves my brain as reality comes back to my senses. Daydreaming isn't going to get this homework done.

I check my phone to see if the Narcissist even responded, newsflash, he didn't.

Moments like these are why I'm so confused why he doesn't know the reason that I hate him. Or is he just toying with me? 

I won't stand for a person that finds my existence to be annoying. Or even worse, disgusting.

Surprisingly, I see another text message pop up from James.

NARCISSIST: You coming over for a drink later?

Now I'm just confused. Did he ignore the messages from before?

Me: Why the hell should I?

NARCISSIST: Jacob is about to text our group to come over. Camille is going to have to FaceTime us to join though

Soon after that, I get another message from our group chat. James, Jacob, Niko, Sofi, Cami and I have made our very own group chat so we know the details early enough for something our parents plan, like Thanksgiving dinner or something.

***PARENT'S SPAWNS***

Jacob: Y'all wanna come over? Made some cool drinks I want y'all to try *sends pic of drinks*

Niko: Sure you didn't put any food poisoning in mine?

Jacob: Don't tempt me.

I chuckle at the messages between Niko and Jacob. 

Cami: Sweet that you made a sixth drink as well, even though I'm only virtually there :(

Niko: Who says it's for you? Dibs on Cami's drink

Jacob: He's right Cami, I made him a second drink so he can play a game of "guess which drink was food poisoned" 

Sofi: @dahlia I'll pick you up and we'll be there in 20

Niko: you're gonna drive me too, right? :)

Sofi: hell nah

Sofia and I got to the twin's place with Niko on the backseat. As it turns out, Niko kind of blackmailed Sofi to drive him and I'm pretty sure she'll get revenge on him soon. 

Jacob had already had some special non alcoholic mixed drinks made for us to try out. Sofia got her phone ready to call Cami so she can watch us judge Jacob's drinks. 

I feel a little bad for Cami sometimes. She lives so far away and misses out on a few things sometimes. No wonder she told us that she wanted to spend her last Highschool semester here in NY. I really hope that Uncle Rhys lets her. 

I don't know why we call our parents with the titles Uncle and Aunt. They're not even blood related. The only ones that are blood related here are the two twins, James and Jacob are cousins with Sofia and Niko. 

We all take a seat on the couch in the living room. Sofia places Cami, or safe to say her phone, on the table where the drinks are and makes sure she sees us too.

My gaze averts to my right when James suddenly appears and sits down next to me. I'm still angry about the fact that he asked to know why I hate him, yet chose to completely ignore my answer after a few minutes. Heck, an apology is even too much to ask.

Yet I don't stop myself from looking at him. I might hate the guy, but I won't lie and tell you he isn't handsome. Cause he is. As much as I hate to admit it. 

Jacob breaks the silence, "So Dahlia, I've heard you and James are working on a project together"

I nod, "for Psych class yes"

"What's the project about again?", he asks, "I'm pretty sure James told me something about it but you know I never listen to him anyway"

Everyone chuckles and we hear James say, "Dick"

"We have to partner up with the person we hate or dislike most in the class and analyse why we actually hate each other and how that came to be. Ms Berkley basically made the groups for us"

"I'm telling you that woman loves drama", Sofi says, "How else would she know that these specific kids hate each other? I bet she does a lot of eavesdropping. Or they gossip about these stuff in the teacher's lounge"

"Well you guys know how my parents came together", Jacob says, "I beg you guys to not have that happen to you two"

I let out a laugh. I know how Aunt Jules and Uncle Josh hated each other and then fell in love with each other, the story they told us was hilarious. Aunt Ava even said their constant bickering in the beginning of the few years was super annoying. They went from never wanting to be around each other to never wanting to be apart. 

I am positive about this not happening between me and James.

"Trust me, I think he would rather swim from one ocean to another than be with me", I say smiling to myself.

I take a quick glance to my left and see James looking at me, not saying anything to the comment I've made. His gaze is just fixated on me.

"Well, I guess you're right", Jacob says.

Hey guys! 

It's Addie here. I hope y'all are having a great day. 

What do you think about this chapter? Or as a matter of fact this story and/or characters? If you have an opinion, I'd love to hear it! It's the first story I've ever written.

If you liked my story and want to know about more bookish things, go ahead and follow me on IG: adiaryoftworeaders

Love you guys!

Xo,

Addie