33

A teeny weeny time jump

Beyoncé's POV
Car Dealership
July 3

"She hasn't even gotten her license yet." Onika remarked. "I think we should wait until she gets it."

I don't know where the 'we' was coming from. My daughter was receiving a car from me.

I invited her because I wanted to spend time with her. She protested for a good 2 hours before giving into me.

"I'm sure if we get her the car and give it to her by her birthday then it'll motivate her."

"Well, I know my daughter and having the car won't affect her motivation." She rebutted.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Zamora is my daughter too and I think my approach works too."

We just got here and she was trying to start with me.

"Ok."

"Ok, then."

I held the door open and she walked in before I walked in after.

Jeremy walked out of his office, ready to greet us. He'd been my go-to person for cars since I first started driving.

"Wassup, Bey." He reached a hand out and we dapped each other up. "You really here, in the flesh?"

"I am. We just shook hands, didn't we?" I joked and he chuckled. "Let's get down to business."

"Let's go sit." He turned and led the way to his office.

Onika waited for me to start walking before she did. I placed a hand on her lower back, guiding her into the room with us.

We both sat down in front of his desk and he got ready to listen to me.

"My daughter needs a car for her 17th birthday."

"What kind of car are you looking for?"

"She wants white. She wants a smaller car. Tinted windows. A smooth sailing one." I simply noted.

"Which car?"

"Mercedes-Benz CLE."

"By when?" He asked after writing down what I'd told him.

"Her birthday is next week on the 12th." I said out loud, realising how short notice it was. I knew these things could take months.

"Knowing how you like your cars, you know it'll take a lot longer than that." He explained, looking my way.

"Like I said, no use." Onika murmured under her breath, only loud enough for me to hear.

"Aside from the type of car, what features do you need for this one?" He inquired. "The regular?"

"Yes, but I need it to be 10x better than what my cars have. This is my little princess." I spoke. "This car has to be perfect."

"Done."

"How long do you think it'll take?"

He looked down at all that was in his notes and calculated to himself. "5 months at most."

"So she can have the car ready by Christmas?"

"I can promise you that."

"Bill me."

He gave me a figure and I signed what needed to be signed. We all stood and I thanked him with a hug. Onika did too. Then we headed out of the dealership.

"Zamora gave me a list of things that we need to get for tomorrow." I said as we approached my car.

Once we were both seated I pulled out and started driving to the nearest Target.