41

Beyoncé's POV
OTMK
August 10

Zamora drove us to Onika's restaurant. Except it wasn't like how she normally drove because the L-sign was off the car.

"So, you'll just go in there and scream with the paper in your hand." I helped my daughter with what she had to do.

"What'll you be doing?"

"Walking in behind you, unless you want me to jump around scream with you."

I was not doing that.

We got out of the car she headed inside and straight to the elevator in the back. The elevator took us straight to Onika's office.

Zamora burst into her office, flashing a paper in her hand. "Mom, look!"

"Did you?" Onika mimicked her energy.

"I passed!" She stopped waving the paper and her mom could finally read it. It was her driving certification.

Onika stood up to hug her and they both started jumping around in excitement.

I stayed by the door, letting them have their moment, before stepping further into the office. I took a seat and Zamora sat next to me whilst her mom went to the other side of the desk.

"Time to discuss your road rules, princess." I said, now that I was with Onika.

"There are more rules?" Her eyes shifted between Onika and I.

"You'll understand when you're older." I responded. "It's for your safety more than anything."

Our daughter sighed and sat back in her seat. "What are the rules?"

"You cannot drive anywhere without having let me or your mama know." Onika started.

"Ok." Zamora nodded.

"When you do get to drive, there'll be two black cars with you at all times." I added. "One in front and one behind."

"You'll be able to tell because the cars have specific plates and other specific details. But you don't have to learn any of that because those cars are likely to leave wherever you are at the same time as you."

Zamora nodded again, letting the information sink in.

"If you tell us where you're going, we'll tell the drivers where you're going so they can choose the route you take."

This was probably very overwhelming for her, which was understandable, but it was for her safety and protection.

"Anything else?" She asked. "Are there rules on friends and car?"

Onika shook her head.

"No Curtis." I said, sternly.

"How do you know about Curtis?" Her eyes widened.

"Aha! Guilty." I pointed in her face.

"Bey, leave her alone." Onika said, then she turned to our daughter. "You can have friends in your car."

"I said no Curtis." I emphasised.

"Mama, he's literally just my friend. I don't like him."

"Nilaya said-"

"She lies about the time she goes to bed. She lies about stealing. Sometimes she lies about brushing her teeth. I love my sister, but she lies about any and everything."

"You're not off the hook just because-"

Zamora interrupted before I could even finish talking. "You were lied to?"