𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 🥀

"Oh, I need to find you a Prince Charming like my own." she moaned, laying back on the dry grass. I un-screwed the cap for one of the Vodka bottles, and said, "Sometimes I hate my mother." I opened the biscuit box and Leah held herself up on her elbows and took one after me.

"They're still warm." I moaned. "Biscuits with alcohol." 

She looked at me and laughed. "We should save some for later. I think my dad is beginning notice." I said, making a face as my throat burned from drinking the Vodka raw. "And I don't want a Prince Charming." I added, passing her the bottle. 

"No, I want someone quiet and mysterious." I moaned, and she chuckled, nibbling on a biscuit. "I want him to need me more than anything else-" I laughed, feeling the alcohol kicking in. "For him to- to kill for me, yes!" 

"Father Kim!" she snapped, and I flinched. "What?" I snapped back, and she looked down at the biscuit box. "We ate Father Kim's biscuits!" she gasped, flashing her teeth as she then let out an uncontrollable laugh. 

"Leah, sober up!" I scolded, taking the water bottle I packed out of my bag and throwing it at her. She sat up and began gulping it. "Don't worry, I exaggerated on how tried studying at the library makes me, and that I'll be in my room reciting scriptures from the bible before sleeping." she explained. "Therefore, I will not be disturbed." she smiled. 

I scoffed, "If I said that, my mother would drag a chair into my room and listen to me recite them." I told her. 

"Well, that is your mother." she said, standing. "Oh." she then wiped the lipstick off her mouth with the back of her hand. "I'll walk you to church, but then I have to get home." she said, adjusting her bag and scarf. 

I stood after her and shoved the alcohol into my bag. 

"I think I'll be able to meet up tomorrow, what about you?" I asked, as we began to walk, "I can't, I'm serving my hours at church." she sighed, and my brows furrowed, "What do you mean?" 

She gave me a blank look before saying, "My mother asked Father Kim if I could do chores within church after Mass. She said it was my punishment for returning home past my curfew." 

"I'm glad my mother hasn't thought of that." I coughed, and she touched my arm, "Darling, wait till my mother speaks with yours. You'll be in church after hours soon enough." 

For the rest of the journey I asked her to retell me her story of how she met her secret boyfriend. I knew his name and who he was of course, but we had sworn to not tell another soul about our double life. 

"And now he's in love with me like a mad man." she ended her sentence of her love story. 

I smiled, and we paused in front of the church. "Bye." I frowned, pulling her into my arms. "I love you." I muttered into her hair. I could be myself only with her. 

"Bye, my love." she said, kissing my cheek. "And thank your Ma for the divine biscuits." she smiled. 

I watched her walk away before entering the church. It was the evening now so the sun was setting and the sky was this beautiful orange. Although it was winter, we were blessed with the most little bit of sun today. If only I was allowed out after hours. I would watch the sun set with Leah. 

"Hello, Father Kim?" I announced myself, walking down the aisle between the pews.

The church was empty.

I turned back and walked back down along the pews again and left the Church. But my head snapped to my right when I heard the sound of the tiny gravel rocks on the floor being moved by a shoe. My eyes met with Father Kim's, but then I looked down at the cigar between his lips pink lips. He took it between his fingers and threw it on the ground, crushing it with the bottom of his shoe. "Old habits do not die very easily." he muttered, hiding his gaze from mine. It was as if he was ashamed that I had caught him in act. Smoking was a sin, but they can be forgiven if your repent.