Chapter I

There is nothing really special about me. I don't experience many exciting things in my life.

I am unfortunately broke, like any other normal person. So I have spent the past few days, even weeks, searching for a job. Besides Target, Walmart, Costco, and Starbucks, I have even applied for Amazon. They all, unfortunately, declined my application.

I'm starting to lose hope here. I have decided to apply for one more job tonight. As I'm scrolling through the internet, a bright neon glowing ad catches my attention. It reads "Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex is for hire. Call the number (*** *** ****) to apply!"

Looking more into this place, I find out that it's a children's attraction. I don't like children, but it's my only hope. I dail the number into my phone and press the call button. The phone is picked up after 2 rings.

"Hello! How can I help you today?" The lady on the other end of the receiver asks.
I breathe a sigh of relief, glad she picked up.

"I'd like to apply for a job here." My voice is low and nervous.

"Okay! Could you please tell me which role you are interested in applying for? Our staff includes a mechanic, janitor, night security guard, daycare helper, and front desk manager."

I think for a moment on which job would be most suitable for me. Considering how I hate children, working as a daycare attendant helper sounds like hell. It wouldn't be much better if I was a janitor, since I'd have to clean up all those annoying children's messes.

I finally decided to go with the overnight security guard so I don't have any human interaction.

"I'd like to apply for the position of an overnight security guard."

"Oh good! As a result of a recent incident, we are in need of a new security guard... You are the perfect candidate for the job. To schedule an interview, please come to our location at 9AM. Don't be late." When she spoke, her voice was no longer cheerful and happy.

"Okay thanks..." I respond, a little weirded out. The lady then hangs up.

What does she mean by a recent incident? It probably was nothing serious to worry about. I brush it off and get ready for bed, exhausted after being slouched over my laptop for such a long amount of time. I quickly drift off to sleep, wishing for the interview to go well tomorrow.

—————————

OKAY SO I KNOW THIS WAS A SHORT CHAPTER. DONT COME AFTER ME. ITS THE FIRST CHAPTER OKAY... PLEASE ENJOY MY CRAPPY WRITING <3
-Chesty

433 words