Chapter III

"Hello there~"

I hear a deep voice come from behind me. I turn around and shine my flashlight on whoever is behind me. The person is much taller than I expected. He had slightly pale skin and his face was painted half blue and white. He has short black hair. He was wearing blue pants with yellow stars on them with a matching hat on his head along with a simple white shirt. He had bells on his shoes, which was probably the reason for that sound I heard.

"Who are you?" I ask, a little frightened.

He tilts his head a little, examining my appearance.

"Call me Atlas. I'm the daycare attendant known as moondrop." He reaches his hand out and I hesitantly shake it. "Nice to meet you. I'm guessing you're the new night guard?" He asks, his intimidating blue eyes stare into mine.

"Yes... I'm Y/N." I answer. We both seem to notice he's still holding onto my hand. Atlas slowly brings my hand up to his lips, still maintaining eye contact, and places a light kiss on my hand. He releases it and smiles.

"Well, Y/N, I've got to go, but I'll see you around~" He flashes me another smile and disappears through the daycare doors.

I watch the daycare doors as they close. All I'm able to say is, "woah..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Timeskip. Why did that part seem rushed- forgive me :,) )

I've looked through almost all of the main area entrance of the pizzaplex. I just have to go through the daycare before proceeding to the atrium.

Stopping in front of the large garage door that leads into the daycare, I take a deep breath. Why am I nervous? Well... that moon guy was a little intimidating, but I'm sure I will be fine. I pull up the large heavy door and walk inside, the door dropping down behind me slowly. The sound of cheerful music instantly fills my ears.

There's a slide in front of me that looks like it goes down into a ball pit. A sign on top of it reads, "Slide into fun!"

"Yeah no I'm not going down that." I mutter to myself.

There's a way to get down to the front entrance, so I do that instead. I step in front of two large, brown, castle style doors. I push one of them open, poking my head inside the brightly lit room.

The inside is huge. Why do kids need such a big area to play in? Two big play structures sit in the middle of the play area. At the back of the room is the ball pit I saw that the slide leads into. There's a room higher up from the ball pit that looks like a castle with the way it's decorated. There's a front office desk with a few monitors on it. The whole play area is enclosed with glass casing.

"Hello?" I call out, stepping inside and closing the door behind me. I start to make my way around the area and I hear a voice call out from the tower just as I reach the ball pit.

"One minute~!" The voice says. Then someone's head appears through the curtains in the tower. This wasn't Atlas though. This guy had a headband with sun rays on it. His face also was painted but with orange and yellow paint. I can't see much else from where I'm standing.

His eyes travel down to me and his smile grows.

"Hello there!" He exclaims. Grabbing a long line, he connects it to a clip on the back of his pants and dives off the balcony into the ball pit. His head pops up not too long after jumping down. He smiles up at me.

"Hi" I say, smiling slightly. He seems like a nice person.

"Ooo a new night guard!" He jumps up from the ball pit, standing up straight and holds his hand out for me to shake, still smiling brightly. "I'm the daycare attendant Sundrop, but you can call me Samuel!" He exclaims.