Part - 3

You did exactly what Namjoon had told you and didn’t catch unnecessary attention from others which was, even for you, oddly weird. Maybe you were supposed to become a spy or assassin after all, not a simple gold digger.

You were sitting in a small room painted in emerald green, your head propped on one of your hands, eyes practically falling shut from the lack of sleep. There was ABBA playing in the background, the playlist occasionally changing to some french hits and when Namjoon appeared in the door, your nails where in the middle of tapping the rhythm to Waterloo.

Namjoon looked around the room frantically but you waved your hand dismissively at him. “Don’t panic, there’s no one here. Besides, those French people probably wouldn’t understand what we are talking about anyway.” you said casually and then unceremoniously yawned, not even bothering to cover your mouth. “Now, we need to get down to business. My body desperately craves sleep. And maybe chocolate. And wine.”

He ignored your words, slumping on a chair next to you. He placed on the table manilla folder and passed it in your direction. “What is this?” you asked, taking the folder to your hands.

“This,” he started, “are the documents you have to fill to become a part of the Gold Diggers Club Eldorado. I will sign them and enter to the system later today. Only if you’re hundred percent sure about this.” he said, looking at you intensely.

“If I’m sure? Dude, I dropped university for it. This is one hell of a sacrifice, right?” you chuckled, getting into the work.

Besides basic information about your name and birth date, there was also a bunch of other, rating from interesting to weird questions. Current occupation, languages you could speak and some pretty much straight from interviews at highly known corporations: do you like working in a group, how well do you work under pressure, are you married/in a relationship/do you have any kids…

You frowned. Can you speak Latin?

They didn’t come to play, really.

Once you were done, you grinned at Namjoon. “So when I’m going on a first mission?” you asked, voice laced with childlish excitement.

He shook his head, however you saw the tiniest smile stretching the corners of his full lips. “This isn’t so easy, Y/N. First you have to get through the training, then pay our club’s entry fees–”

You raised your hand, silencing him. “Okay, okay. Loosen up a little, Joonie,” you said, making Namjoon’s face flush in pink after hearing the nickname you used. “What is the next mission?”

A sigh followed his next words. “I already told you that it is not so easy to–”

You rolled your eyes. If your glare could kill, Namjoon would be lying on the floor, dying from the tortures. Deciding there was no point in discussing with you, he clicked his tongue.

“Fine,” he muttered. “Our eyes are settled now on Egypt. We got the hint from one of your paleontologists working currently in London on translating the manuscript from 4th century BC about possible, undiscovered pharaohs’ sepulchres from the times of Greek’s impacts on their territories.” he explained and your eyes involuntarily widened. “This is going to be more complicated job. The localization of sepulchres isn’t exactly known. They can be few meters under the ground, in caves. Eventual gold and jewels need to be carried out without fracturing the sarcophagus… or the bones.”

You were sure your mouth was wide opened the whole time Namjoon was speaking. In your head you already saw the chambers where royal treasures had been hidden for thousands of years. You saw walls covered in hieroglyphics and you saw yourself, carrying in your hands the map and torch. Almost like female Indiana Jones, you mused to yourself.

“Moreover, the job has to be done quickly. Till the specialists from London will get there,” Namjoon pointed out. “I have someone already signed up to this particular mission but I think he won’t mind having digger in training by his side.”

Your eyebrows furrowed. “What partner?”

He was about to answer but he got interrupted by the alarm on his phone. “Shoot, my break is over,” he mumbled, abruptly standing up from his chair. “The only thing you need to know is that his name is Jimin and he’s an archaeologist. I gotta go, but don’t worry. We will be in touch.” he said and ran out of the room leaving you alone, with ABBA playing in the background and manilla folder in your hand where your future was written.